Grab the sunscreen Weather Ireland: Met Éireann forecasts hottest weekend of the year so far
Top temperatures will be between 17C and 20C
Plan your trip to the beach because Met Éireann has forecast that this weekend will be the hottest of the year so far.
Today will be bright across the country, however, there will be a good deal of cloud with temperatures due to soar from Friday evening and are set to stay for Saturday and Sunday.
"A good deal of cloud across the country today with scattered showers,” a Met Éireann forecaster said.
"Some sunny intervals will develop, especially in the east and south of the country.
"However, a spell of persistent rain is expected to spread across western and northern areas towards evening.
"Highest temperatures of 12 to 16 degrees in a fresh southwest breeze.”
Tomorrow will begin rather cloudy with a few showers in the northwest, however, sunny spells will develop during the course of the day and top temperatures will be between 17C and 20C.
Saturday will begin misty with a small chance of the odd shower breaking out in the afternoon, with highest temperatures of 16C to 19C.
Long clear spells on Saturday night will pave way for a glorious Sunday that will see long spells of sunshine with just the small chance of a few showers developing in the west.
“Maximum temperatures of 17 to 20 degrees generally but a little cooler on coasts as sea breezes develop,” Met Éireann said.
"Mostly dry early on Sunday night with clear spells and lowest temperatures of nine to 12 degrees. However, rain will develop in the southwest before dawn on Monday.”
- Met Éireann issue Status Yellow thunderstorm warning for nine counties
- Ireland weather: Met Éireann forecasts hottest days of year this weekend
- Ireland weather: Met Éireann forecast sunny Sunday as temperatures set to hit 20C
- Met Éireann forecast temperatures topping 20C next weekend
- Ireland weather: Met Éireann forecast sunny spells and cool nights for week ahead
- Businessman filmed waving 'handgun' at teens gets 75 hours of community service
- Bogus Irish and British roofers jailed for scamming elderly in Australia out of $434k
- Deborah James ‘gutted’ she will not see new book published
- Motorcyclist (50s) dies in Co Kerry crash after bike strikes wall
- Man (40s) arrested in Dublin as part of €660k 'romance fraud' investigation by Gardaí