brazen Watch as would-be bike thief cuts through lock in broad daylight in Dublin
The resignation among those reacting to the video can be gleaned from the comments
A man has been caught on camera sawing through a bike lock on what appears to be a busy Dublin street in broad daylight.
The man, dressed in a black hoodie and grey tracksuit pants, can be seen in the TikTok video entitled ‘This is Dublin, what a day, what a city’, using a hacksaw on the bike that is locked on the street.
As cars and people pass by the man brazenly hacks away while glancing around.
Last year thieves took some 7,000 bikes in Ireland - 70 per cent of which were stolen in Dublin.
The resignation among those reacting to the video can be gleaned from the comments.
“Shucks he forgot his key,” one sarcastically suggested.
“The poor craytur (sic) can’t even afford a battery grinder, have some compassion,” adds another.
“Daylight robbery,” a third person wrote.
"This is an example of how people live in Ireland. Don’t give a sh*t for someone else," one exasperated viewer fumed.
- Conor McGregor cruises in Ferrari while playing Lil Wayne
- Video shows moment woman turns down man’s proposal in packed McDonald’s queue
- Landlord filmed pinning man to wall with iron bar insists he was 'protecting tenants'
- Shocking footage shows sulky racers covering three lanes on busy main road
- TD shares video of him being hit on his bike after DPP refuses to prosecute driver
- CAB to sell digger and car in case against crime gang brothers jailed for ATM robberies
- Dublin man who robbed same pharmacy twice in four months jailed for four years
- Liz Truss once said the only Irish hit by Brexit would be 'few farmers with turnips'
- Revealed: Faces of Irish roof scammers who conned elderly Australians out of $434k
- The top 10 moments of the Rebekah Vardy and Coleen Rooney libel trial so far