Some Sicilians who share an apartment have gone viral with their video after trying to extinguish a pot of burning cooking oil with a bowl of water. "While I was quietly listening to music, my roommates tried to blow up the flat," they said. “The result was impressive.” And the result also shows why you should never extinguish burning frying fat or oil with water. Water and oil hardly mix, and the high temperature of the oil immediately turns the water into steam. In addition, the burning oil immediately flies in all directions due to the expanding water.