stunning WATCH: Ireland goalkeeper Mark Travers scores for Bournemouth's academy side
Republic of Ireland keeper Mark Travers joined the ranks of goal scoring keepers on Tuesday night as he took centre stage as Bournemouth beat Eastleigh to lift the Hampshire Senior Cup.
Maynooth stopper Travers saved a first-half penalty, scored an injury-time equaliser and then kept out a spot-kick in the shoot-out the Cherries secured a win.
Yet it will be his towering header from a corner that will be remembered, with Travers confirming he relished his goal.
"I just looked at the bench and saw them signaling for me to go up," he told the Bournemouth Twitter feed.
"It was the last few minutes, we were 2-1 down in the final. I just made the near post run and thankfully I was able to hit the target."
Footage from Bournemouth's Twitter feed captured the moment Travers became a scoring hero and it was certainly an accomplished finish from the 21-year-old who started for Ireland in the World Cup qualifier against Serbia in March.
- Jurgen Klopp not worried about Sadio Mane relationship after Old Trafford snub
- Graham Potter concerned by negative impact of suspensions on Brighton squad
- Bournemouth could create Premier League history with play-off success
- Bruno Fernandes wants Manchester United to learn from Liverpool defeat
- Aston Villa boss Dean Smith backs Jack Grealish to make Englandâ€™s Euro squad
- Four further deaths and 425 new cases of Covid 19 confirmed
- Trucker who imported cannabis worth â‚¬2.2 million jailed for 8 and a half years
- Businessman to raffle off his luxury penhouse apartment in Dublin
- GardaĂÂ set to launch probe over ransomware attack on HSE IT systems
- Nuno Espirito Santo: Iâ€™m proud of the way Wolves have overcome injury problems