class act Rio Ferdinand makes Thiago claim as he salutes Liverpool's midfield pass master
Ferdinand claims Thiago has expressed an interest in a move to Manchester United
Rio Ferdinand believes Thiago Alcantara has silenced his doubters at Liverpool, as he made a lavish claim about the playmaker who has been in sensational form in recent weeks.
Thiago arrived at Liverpool with a reputation as a world class operator, but he took time to adapt to life in English football as injuries disrupted his progress at Anfield.
Now the former Barcelona and Bayern Munich star is proving his class at Liverpool, with United legend Rio Ferdinand suggesting the Brazilian-born midfielder suggested he was keen to follow in his footsteps at Old Trafford.
"Thiago has been the stand out midfielder for the last few weeks and months he’s been absolutely top," he said on his Vibe With Five podcast.
"You look at his stats? Thiago’s pass accuracy by the way in the last two games against Everton and Man Utd 98.4 % against Everton and 95.6% against Everton that is ridiculous.
"There were ex-players I saw saying he’s side to side, doesn’t play the ball forward he isn’t ready-made for this league. Players need time. It goes back to this thing with managers and Man Utd as well the club need to give the manager at Man Utd patience, the clubs need and the fans need to give players that come in from other leagues especially patience."
Ferdinand also claimed Thiago has expressed an interest in a move to Manchester United in conversations he had with the player.
"I spoke to him at the time. He speaks perfect English, he was a great guy, wanted to come to United. But you look at him now and he couldn’t be happier," he added.
"What I would like to talk about just with Thiago and finish it with him is that Thiago you could have gone to a huge amount of the fanbase after last season and would have said he isn’t good enough for us, he isn’t the player he thought he was, German League, Bundesliga he’s slowing us down let’s get him out."
- Jurgen Klopp responds to the Real Madrid 'revenge' question ahead of Paris showdown
- Niall Quinn Opinion Roy Keane wasn’t the ideal Ireland captain for the World Cup finals
- John Aldridge makes a bold Harry Kane call after Mohamed Salah's latest contract vow
- Stephen Kenny impressed by Michael Obafemi improvement as striker earns recall
- Chelsea sale funds to be frozen and releasing them will require further licence
- Derry Girls star Jamie-Lee O'Donnell always checked for 'bomb scare clauses' in contracts
- Grieving mum wants answers after daughter (21) dies from suspected overdose in OAP's house
- Author of 'How To Murder Your Husband' found guilty of killing her spouse
- Ex Tyrone ace Mickey Coleman's heart flatlined three times and he saw the light...but survived
- Notorious drug baron Peter 'Skeets' Neill 'scundered' after being barred from gym