crazy cash Paris Saint-Germain aim to offer Kylian Mbappe first €1m- a-week wage package
Kylian Mbappe is considering a new proposal from Paris Saint-Germain to make him the highest-paid player in world football.
The French club realise the importance of the 23-year-old to their project, as perhaps the best player in the world for the next decade – and are willing to offer the sort of contract not yet seen in the game.
PSG would pay him a basic wage far in excess of €500,000, and close to €1m a week. Real Madrid, who Mbappe is most interested in joining, would not be able to get close to such an offer.
Some of Mbappe’s family and entourage had scheduled meetings with PSG on Wednesday, the day after his match-winning display against the Spanish club.
Meanwhile, Bernabeu president Florentino Perez – who is considering replacing Carlo Ancelotti with PSG boss Mauricio Pochettino – is currently banking on Mbappe reigniting the whole club.
Nothing is as yet signed with Madrid, though, and the player and his camp are at least receptive to considering PSG’s offer. His contract runs out this summer, and he could already sign a deal with another club now, but has left his options open.
Mbappe’s future plans may influence other moves, and potentially mitigate the offer for Paul Pogba, who can similarly leave on a free this summer. PSG were willing to offer Pogba up to €600,000 a week, but that was in part because they want a French – and preferably Parisian – star at the centre of their team.
- Jack Grealish celebrates Premier League win by partying on boozy bus tour
- Tottenham set for summer spree as owners invest £150m to back Antonio Conte
- Government opens talks with ‘international partners’ to help Chelsea sale
- West Ham’s Kurt Zouma to appear before court today over alleged pet cat abuse
- Pep Guardiola laughs as he says: 'Manchester City’s plan was to go 2-0 down against Villa'
- Niall Horan 'humbled' by fan's mother in hilarious TikTok clip
- Brave garda assaulted and doused in petrol 'may never heal' from trauma
- Maura Higgins explores Paris on 'fairytale' trip with mystery man
- Jealous husband jailed; Love/Hate star dies; and man left with life-changing injuries
- Tánaiste Leo Varadkar's 'disappointment' as Paypal to axe 307 jobs in Ireland