no punch Misfiring England have produced some of the worst stats of Euro 2020 so far
England may have topped their Euro 2020 group and made it through to a last-16 clash against Germany on Tuesday, but the statistics they have served up in the competition so far make for grim reading.
Gareth Southgate's side went into the tournament as favourites to lift the trophy with some odds-makers, as they selected a squad loaded with attack-minded players performing at the highest level across Europe for their club sides.
Yet the opening three games have fallen flat for England, with captain Harry Kane getting just one shot on target in matches against Croatia, Scotland and the Czech Republic.
Overall, England have managed just five shots on target in their three games, with already eliminated Finland (3) and North Macedonia (2) below them in that table.
England have only scored two goals and that means they are the lowest scoring side to make it through to the last-16 of the competition.
They are also lagging behind their rivals in the shots off target stats, as they have had just 14 misplaced efforts at goal and are 12th out of 24 teams in that calculation.
Raheem Sterling has been England's most productive player with two goals and three shots off target, with their most impressive statistic coming at the other end of the field.
Alongside Italy, they are the only team yet to concede a goal at Euro 2020, but their possession stats and passing accuracy is well behind the leading nations so far.
That will need to change if England are to get the better of a Germany side that has scored six goals so far, with Holland leading the way with eight goals from their opening three matches.
- Manchester City make it clear they won't pay reported fee to sign Harry Kane
- Manchester United end speculation over the future of manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
- Tottenham complete deal for goalkeeper Pierluigi Gollini
- Harry Wilson set to leave Liverpool for Fulham
- Jadon Sancho eyeing trophies after completing Manchester United move
- Fresh warnings issued as man in 60s becomes latest victim in series of water tragedies
- Coronavirus Ireland: Guidelines issued for reopening of hospitality sector on Monday
- Van Morrison demands 'real plan' for return to live music after scrapping Ulster Hall gigs
- Man who fled to Ireland more than 30 years ago after raping and molesting teens is jailed
- Conor McGregor enjoys 'breakfast of champions' with Justin Bieber at luxury LA hotel