Chaotic moves Managerial circus continues featuring Nuno Espirito Santo, Rafa Benitez and Lucien Favre
Another new favourite has emerged in Tottenham's enduringly painful search for a new manager, while Crystal Palace have been dealt a blow after appearing to settle on their top target.
Former Wolves boss Nuno Espirito Santo is now being strongly linked with a move to Spurs, after several weeks of embarrassing managerial moves fell through.
Mauricio Pochettino, Antonio Conte and Paulo Fonseca are among the names who have spoken to Spurs this summer and failed to find agreement to join the north London club.
Now Santo is the new favourite to take over at Spurs, as they look to replace Jose Mourinho after he was sacked in April.
Meanwhile, Crystal Palace's push to appoint Lucien Favre as their new manager appears to have fallen through.
A deal was in place for the former Borussia Dortmund head coach to join Palace was in place, but it appears the 63-year-old has opted not to complete the move.
Former Chelsea boss Frank Lampard has also been strongly linked with a move to Palace, who may now be forced to kick-start their search for a manager if they cannot revive the deal with Favre.
A similar wait is ongoing at Everton, where former Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is still a leading contender to take over at Goodison Park.
Former Liverpool striker John Aldridge is among those warning Everton against a move for Benitez, but the Spaniard remains a leading candidate to take over the Toffees.
With clubs set to return to pre-season training in early July, there is now a race against time for Spurs, Palace and Everton to get their managers in place.
Gallery Chelsea formulating ambitious summer transfer plan that could include Erling Haaland
Chelsea are exploring the viability of a mega-money move for Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Haaland this summer, with Stamford Bridge insiders insisting reports that the Norwegian does not want to sign for the London club are wide of the mark.
- Chelsea midfielder Conor Gallagher heads to Crystal Palace on loan
- Trent Alexander-Arnold joins Liverpool's big earners but doubts remain for six star names
- Jamie Carragher urges Liverpool to handle Virgil Van Dijk return carefully
- Trent Alexander-Arnold admits it was a â€˜no-brainerâ€™ to pen new Liverpool deal
- Man Utd able to return to training as club confirm no positive coronavirus cases
- Proof of jabs and mask required for audience members when Broadway reopens
- Dublin boy (12) scalded by hot chocolate on Ryanair flight gets â‚¬20,000 damages
- Electric Picnic promoters in direct appeal to Government to let festival go ahead
- Warning over text scam offering Covid-19 vaccine appointments as 1,501 cases announced
- 'Mr Flashy' enforcer Scott Capper jailed for two and a half years for â‚¬50k theft