Leicester defender Wesley Fofana signs new five-year deal with Foxes
The 21-year-old has not played this season after suffering a serious injury during a pre-season friendly.
French defender Wesley Fofana has signed a new five-year contract with Leicester, the Premier League club have announced.
The 21-year-old has not played a single game this season after breaking his leg and suffering ankle ligament damage during a pre-season friendly last summer.
🚨 𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐖𝐞𝐬 🚨— Leicester City (@LCFC) March 7, 2022
He's signed a new deal with the Football Club, keeping him at King Power Stadium until at least 2027! 😍#Fofana2027
Yet as he nears a return to action, the Foxes have rewarded him for an impressive first campaign at the club following his £30million move from St Etienne in 2020.
Fofana made 38 appearances in all competitions for Brendan Rodgers’ men last term, including their FA Cup final victory over Chelsea at Wembley.
“I’m really happy to sign a new contract,” Fofana told LCFC TV. “It shows the club have confidence in me offering me a contract to 2027.
“I’m really happy to be here. It’s my club, I love the fans, so I’m really happy and really looking forward to being back playing.
“We have a great team and are continuing to progress, with a desire to win more trophies. That’s why I have committed my future to the club.”
Fofana returned to training last month and reports suggest he could be involved in the squad for Thursday’s Europa Conference League last-16 first-leg clash against Rennes at the King Power Stadium.
Leicester, meanwhile, have been fined £4,137 (5,000 euros) by European governing body UEFA after a fan ran onto the pitch during their 4-1 home win over Randers in the previous round last month.
- Seven footballers among those arrested in League of Ireland match-fixing investigation
- Everton cannot treat Palace clash as ‘all or nothing’ fixture – Frank Lampard
- Patrick Vieira: Crystal Palace are against all kinds of discrimination
- Andreas Christensen may have played his last game for Chelsea
- Jurgen Klopp has ‘no reason to talk’ to Steven Gerrard before title climax
- Belfast man who raped woman he met on Tinder in her home handed seven-year sentence
- Man who handed murdered mum Lisa Thompson's driver license into Gardai comes forward
- Partner of ex-Sinn Fein TD Violet Ann Wynne facing seven alleged driving offences
- Tallaght woman Lorna Palmer caught with €100k crime cash is jailed for 18 months
- Ryanair cabin supervisor awarded €84,790 after slipping on greasy de-icing fluid