Corker Jürgen Klopp sends gift to Cork football club to thank them for Caoimhin Kelleher
On Monday night, Ringmahon Rangers – where Kelleher’s football journey began - took to social media to announce that Klopp had sent them Keller’s jersey from the cup final as well as a letter of thanks.
Jürgen Klopp has written to Caoimhin Kelleher’s former club to thank them for “sending” the footballer to Liverpool.
Cork native Kelleher has had an incredible journey with Liverpool FC since joining the club’s academy at the age of 16, and scored the winning penalty for the Reds in last month’s Carabao Cup final against Chelsea in Wembley.
The 23-year-old has proved himself to be a valuable member of Klopp’s squad, and the German manager has made it known how much he appreciates him.
On Monday night, Ringmahon Rangers – where Kelleher’s football journey began - took to social media to announce that Klopp had sent them Kelleher’s signed jersey from the cup final as well as a letter of thanks.
The note read: “To everyone at Ringmahon Rangers. Thank you for sending us Caoimhín. He’s done you proud! Cheers, Jürgen Klopp.
Sharing a collage of photos of the jersey, note, and Kelleher lifting the cup, Ringmahon Rangers wrote: “What a lovely gift to get for the Clubhouse. Caoimhin Kelleher’s Cup final Liverpool FC winning Jersey. And to top it off a handwritten letter from manager Jurgen Klopp. Thanks so much to the John Gibbons from The Anfield Wrap for sorting us out.”
The donation will be displayed in the Ringmahon Rangers clubhouse in Kelleher’s hometown of Cork.
It comes after a pitch invader made his way onto the grass to get a selfie with Kelleher as Ireland faced Lithuania on Tuesday night at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin.
After grabbing a quick snap, the man was nabbed by security and escorted off the pitch as the Cork native watched on.
Stephen Kenny’s side ended up securing a win thanks to substitute Troy Parrott scoring a goal in the 97th minute, finishing the game on a 1-0 victory.
- Jack Grealish celebrates Premier League win by partying on boozy bus tour
- Tottenham set for summer spree as owners invest £150m to back Antonio Conte
- Government opens talks with ‘international partners’ to help Chelsea sale
- West Ham’s Kurt Zouma to appear before court today over alleged pet cat abuse
- Pep Guardiola laughs as he says: 'Manchester City’s plan was to go 2-0 down against Villa'
- Niall Horan 'humbled' by fan's mother in hilarious TikTok clip
- Brave garda assaulted and doused in petrol 'may never heal' from trauma
- Maura Higgins explores Paris on 'fairytale' trip with mystery man
- Jealous husband jailed; Love/Hate star dies; and man left with life-changing injuries
- Tánaiste Leo Varadkar's 'disappointment' as Paypal to axe 307 jobs in Ireland