Football rumours: Declan Rice high on Erik Ten Hag’s Manchester United wish-list
The England midfielder has impressed at West Ham this season.
West Ham midfielder <strong>Declan Rice</strong> is apparently high up on incoming Manchester United boss Erik Ten Hag’s wish-list, according to the Guardian. The Dutchman will be targeting midfielders and the 23-year-old England international is being considered as an option.
What the papers say
The Sun reports Ten Hag’s compatriot Donny Van De Beek, 25, could be handed another opportunity to prove himself at Old Trafford. The Holland midfielder played under Ten Hag at Ajax.
Eddie Nketiah could soon be picked up by Crystal Palace or Borussia Monchengladbach, according to the Daily Mail. The striker is in the last months of his deal with Arsenal, who have reportedly not given up hope of convincing him to put pen to paper on a new deal. Palace wanted to sign the 22-year-old in January.
Where will West Brom’s England international Sam Johnstone end up next? The Mirror reports Everton and Tottenham are both chasing the ex-Manchester United goalkeeper, who will become a free agent this summer.
Social media round-up
Steven Gerrard is spotted in France watching Marseille 'scouting highly-rated defensive midfielder Boubacar Kamara' https://t.co/wj0S8XMyoS— MailOnline Sport (@MailSport) April 22, 2022
Kylian Mbappe's mum in Qatar as PSG offer £150m to keep him for ONE more season https://t.co/v53lmEFtOW— The Sun Football ⚽ (@TheSunFootball) April 22, 2022
Players to watch
Marcus Rashford: Sport says Barcelona could try to sign Manchester United’s 24-year-old England forward.
Gareth Bale: The Real Madrid and Wales forward, 32, is negotiating a move to MLS team DC United, according to the Washington Post.
- LaLiga president continues to grumble over PSG's lavish Kylian Mbappe deal
- Everton manager Frank Lampard heaps further praise on Seamus Coleman
- Tony Considine Opinion How Roy Keane Saipan row split Ireland supporters into two tribes
- Aston Villa agree deal to sign Sevilla defender Diego Carlos
- Leeds agree deal for Red Bull Salzburg midfielder Brenden Aaronson
- Dame Deborah James: New fashion line to raise more donations for cancer research
- V&A to stage first UK exhibition on fashion designer Gabrielle ‘Coco’ Chanel
- Omagh bombing victim's dad slams delay extraditing Real IRA chief to Lithuania
- Neighbour from hell jailed; New IRA state agent flees; and drug baron barred from gym
- Husband of hero teacher killed in Texas school shooting dies of heart attack