Enda Stevens ruled out of Ireland's upcoming internationals as replacement is named
Republic of Ireland full-back Enda Stevens has been ruled out of the upcoming internationals England, Wales and Bulgaria matches through injury, after FAI medical staff sent him back to his club after a medical assessment at the team hotel in London.
Stevens went down with an injury during Sheffield United's game at Chelsea on Saturday evening and even though he completed the game, the problem will rule him out of the upcoming Ireland matches.
With Seamus Coleman back in the Ireland squad, manager Stephen Kenny may consider using Matt Doherty and Coleman in his line-up as his side go in search of goals after drawing a blank in their last four matches.
The Ireland squad reported for duty on Sunday and will train at the Hive, Barnet on Monday and Tuesday ahead of the international friendly against England on Thursday.
Updated Republic of Ireland Squad
Goalkeepers: Darren Randolph (West Ham United), CaoimhÃn Kelleher (Liverpool), Mark Travers (AFC Bournemouth).
Defenders: Seamus Coleman (Everton), Matt Doherty (Tottenham Hotspur), Kevin Long (Burnley), Shane Duffy (Celtic, on loan from Brighton and Hove Albion), John Egan (Sheffield United), Dara O'Shea (West Bromwich Albion), Cyrus Christie (Nottingham Forest).
Midfielders: Conor Hourihane (Aston Villa), James McCarthy (Crystal Palace), Harry Arter (Nottingham Forest), Jeff Hendrick (Newcastle United), Alan Browne (Preston North End), Jayson Molumby (Brighton and Hove Albion), Robbie Brady (Burnley), Jack Byrne (Shamrock Rovers).
Forwards: Callum Robinson (West Bromwich Albion), Callum O'Dowda (Bristol City), James McClean (Stoke City), Aaron Connolly (Brighton and Hove Albion), Adam Idah (Norwich City), James Collins (Luton Town), Ronan Curtis (Portsmouth), Daryl Horgan (Wycombe Wanderers).
- Tino Livramento eager to keep learning after scoring first Southampton goal
- Claudio Ranieri wants more from Watford after stunning fightback at Everton
- Leeds handed boost as Raphinha plays down injury concerns
- Patrick Vieira pleased with Palace progress despite lack of victories
- Roy Curtis Opinion The FIVE key questions as Solskjaer sweats on his United future and Salah faces off with Ronaldo
- Jamie Dornan 'shortlisted' to replace Daniel Craig as â€˜next James Bondâ€™
- Man arrested as gardai seize cannabis and cocaine worth â‚¬304K in Wexford
- Ask Dr Angela: Is my husbandâ€™s seatbelt sex fetish normal?
- GardaÃ 'concerned' for missing Monaghan man Samuel Doyle (23)
- ICU Covid admissions rise by a third as 1,725 new coronavirus cases confirmed