new deal? Chelsea make their position clear in Antonio Rudiger as Romelu Lukaku rumours mount
Antonio Rudiger's adviser has been locked in contract talks with Chelsea in recent months, with a breakthrough in negotiations proving elusive.
The transfer rumours are starting to swirl at Chelsea, with the club hopeful they can strike a deal to keep one of their star men at the club.
Antonio Rudiger's adviser has been locked in contract talks with Chelsea in recent months, with a breakthrough in negotiations proving elusive despite the player confirming he wants to stay at Stamford Bridge.
"You have to think about your family. My kids were born here in London so that tells you that my family feel great here," Rudiger told Sky Sports last month, with his current deal due to expire this summer.
"The rest is up to other people to make decisions and then we will see if we come together or not. Talks are between my side and the club, and that's everything you need to know."
Now it has emerged that Chelsea are ready to make an offer to Rudiger that is 'close' to his demands, with both parties hopeful agreement can be reached over a new deal for the German defender who has been linked with Real Madrid and Paris Saint-Germain.
Chelsea are less hopeful of agreeing a new contract with Andreas Christensen, with the Danish defender now expected to leave the club on a free transfer this summer.
Real Madrid defender Eder Militao is being strongly linked with a move to Chelsea this summer, but the club have insisted they will not make any decision on incoming players until Rudiger's future has been resolved.
Chelsea are also insisting publicly that they will not entertain offers for record signing Romelu Lukaku this summer, despite the Belgian's below par displays since his return to the club last summer.
Reports in the Italian media on Thursday suggested Lukaku is already eyeing up a return to Serie A for next season, but Chelsea are keen to find a solution to the striker's issues after he was dropped for Tuesday night's Champions League tie against Lille.
- It’s a great way to end my playing days – Paul McShane turns to coaching
- What time, what channel, squad news and all you need to know about Liverpool v Real Madrid
- Rio Ferdinand takes swipe at John Terry saying, 'It's really time to start addressing the fragile ego'
- Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp plays down pursuit of personal glory in bid for European spoils
- Manchester United hoping new Erik ten Hag era will quell protests against Glazers
- Amber Heard's 'wild' claims are a 'profound cruelty' to real survivors, court hears
- Kinahan cartel criminal admits role in feud murder of Noel 'Duck Egg' Kirwan
- Senator found not guilty of assaulting man during brawl outside Louth pub
- Man (33) pleads guilty to possession of handgun used to shoot Sinead Connolly
- Claire Byrne reveals she is leaving her RTE TV show after seven years on air