Bruno Lage holds talks with Wolves as club seek Nuno Espirito Santo successor
Lage won the title in Portugal with Benfica two years ago.
Wolves have held talks with Bruno Lage as they search for Nuno Espirito Santoโs replacement.
Former Benfica boss Lage has met with the club but is not the only candidate, the PA news agency understands.
Lage, 45, left Benfica last summer having taken the club to the Primeira Liga title in 2019.
He also worked as assistant to Carlos Carvalhal at Sheffield Wednesday and Swansea.
Wolves are looking for Nunoโs successor after he left the club at the end of the Premier League season.
While it was by mutual consent, owners Fosun were the driving force behind the decision.
๐๐ฐ๐ต๐ฉ๐ช๐ฏ๐จ ๐ฆ๐ท๐ฆ๐ณ ๐ญ๐ข๐ด๐ต๐ด ๐ง๐ฐ๐ณ๐ฆ๐ท๐ฆ๐ณ.โ Wolves (@Wolves) May 23, 2021
The end of an incredible journey.
Nuno only signed a three-year contract extension in September, with the news of his exit coming as a surprise.
He held talks with the club last week over his future and, despite a disappointing season which saw Wolves finish 13th in the Premier League, the decision was not based on results this term.
Fosun had been considering a change in regards to the clubโs wider progress, with the owners wanting to make a proactive and decisive choice.
- Jadon Sancho talks stall as Manchester United make their move for a fresh target
- Brighton reject Arsenal bid for Englandโs Ben White
- Watford signing Danny Rose on โscaryโ experience as a free agent during pandemic
- Free agent Danny Rose signs two-year deal with Watford
- 'There was always this buzz around him' - Rio Ferdinand on why Man United need Jadon Sancho
- Foster mum tells child abuse trial how boy "didnโt know how to use a knife and fork"
- Man (38) avoids jail for 'campaign of harassment' against woman he met on escort website
- Convicted rapist Ian Horgan accused of registering with online dating app 'under assumed name'
- Convicted rapist allegedly made death threats against barristers
- Fine Gael candidate James Geoghegan reveals his first son almost died during pregnancy