HEAVY FALL Worrying incident at Cheltenham as jockey Gina Andrews is rushed to hospital
Gina Andrews was taken to Gloucestershire Royal Hospital for further assessment following a crunching fall from Haafapiece in the Catesby Handicap Hurdle at Cheltenham.
Pam Slyâ€™s seven-year-old still held every chance and was just about in front when coming down at the final flight.
A statement from the racecourse read: "Following a fall in the Catebsy Handicap Hurdle on board Haafapiece, jockey Gina Andrews was immediately attended to by the on-course medical team.
"She is conscious and has now been transported to Gloucestershire Royal Hospital. Further information will be provided by the hospital or parties nominated on her behalf.
"The racecourse team would like to express our best wishes to Gina and our thoughts are with her and her family."
- Mountain Vets TV star Maurice King's horse wins race 48 hours after his death
- Oisin Murphy retains British Jockeysâ€™ Championship after thrilling battle
- Teenage jockey Benoit de La Sayette gets six-month ban for cocaine use
- Gordon Elliott claims first winner on return with Fancy Foundations at Sligo
- St Markâ€™s Basilica comes on top in thrilling Irish Champion Stakes at Leopardstown
- Gardai seize cannabis worth â‚¬460,000 after stopping car on M9 motorway
- Gardai issue fresh warning about dangers of cannabis jellies following Dublin seizure
- Doireann Garrihy enjoys Roman holiday with boyfriend Paddy
- Pep Guardiola praises versatile Phil Foden after Manchester City sink Brighton
- Kodaline front man Steve Garrigan's new book nominated for a prestigious award