Lyreen is a wonder for happy Jack
RAPID improver LYREEN WONDER gave Gordon Elliott his 100th winner of the season when completing a hat trick in the Fishery Lane Hurdle at Naas where the 11/2 chance was always travelling strongly for Jack Kennedy and beat Wolf Prince by a length and three quarters.
Kennedy said: "We went a good gallop all the way, I probably got there too soon. The ground was a question mark but he handled it well."
Notebook got back to winning ways for Henry de Bromhead and Rachael Blackmore.
The 11/10 hotpot Cash Back crashed out at the first and 7/2 fancy Notebook improved from the back to beat Fakir D'oudairies by 12 lengths.
"That was a good start to the season, he loves Leopardstown and we'll probably go there next" de Bromhead said.
Willie Mullins ran out of luck with Cash Back but the 2/1 favourite Janidil excelled when taking the beginners chase under Mark Walsh.
- Mountain Vets TV star Maurice King's horse wins race 48 hours after his death
- Oisin Murphy retains British Jockeysâ€™ Championship after thrilling battle
- Teenage jockey Benoit de La Sayette gets six-month ban for cocaine use
- Gordon Elliott claims first winner on return with Fancy Foundations at Sligo
- St Markâ€™s Basilica comes on top in thrilling Irish Champion Stakes at Leopardstown
- Donal Skehan returns with cookery show and says all families need a few healthy go-to dishes
- Victoria Smurfit discusses big screen return in sharp new Irish comedy Deadly Cuts
- Vogue Williams admits she was starstruck meeting Daniel O'Donnell
- Dublin teen (19) who kicked dog to death is jailed for six months
- Notorious gangster and John Gilligan associate John 'The Coach' Traynor dies in England