CHELTENHAM Big blow for Willie Mullins as lameness rules Energumene out of Cheltenham Arkle duel with Shishkin
The clash of the Cheltenham Festival is no more after Energumene was ruled out of his mouth-watering meeting with Shishkin having suffered a setback.
The Arkle duel between the exciting novice chasers had been billed as one of the highlights of the Festival, but Willie Mullins has revealed that a late injury will rule Energumene out of his trip to the Cotswolds.
The seven-year has oozed class over fences this season with a faultless Grade One success at the Dublin Racing Festival throwing down the gauntlet to Nicky Henderson's Shishkin, but that battle will have to wait for another day.
"Unfortunately, Energumene has met with a setback and wonâ€™t be running at the Cheltenham Festival next week. It is very disappointing for all connections," Mullins said this morning of Tony Bloom's charge.
- 'I didnâ€™t sleep at all on Saturday night' - Rachael Blackmore coming to terms with Grand National win
- Rachael Blackmoreâ€™s proud parents on cloud nine after jockey's Grand National win
- Paddy Power reveal how much Rachael Blackmore's Grand National win cost them
- Rachael Blackmore becomes the first ever woman to win the Grand National
- 'I don't feel human' - Euphoric Rachael Blackmore claims Grand National glory on Minella Times
- Six words from Jurgen Klopp's press conference confirm he is up for Super League fight
- Plan to throw Super League clubs out of European competition THIS season being formalised
- Gary Neville hits back at Jurgen Klopp in feisty on-air clash over Super League
- Jurgen Klopp says Liverpool squad â€˜not involvedâ€™ in Super League decision
- Leeds snatch late draw to dent Liverpoolâ€™s Champions League chances