golden moment WATCH: Shane Lowry hits stunning hole-in-one on famous 17th at Sawgrass
Ireland’s Shane Lowry has aced the famous 17th hole at Sawgrass during the rain-delayed third round of The Players Championship.
Lowry’s tee shot on the 124-yard par three pitched around 10 feet beyond the hole and span back into the cup to spark wild celebrations from the 34-year-old Irishman at Sawgrass.
After retrieving his ball, Lowry threw it across the water into the crowd, sparking a brief scramble among a handful of spectators.
The lucky fan who emerged with the ball quickly made his way to beside the 18th tee and was able to get Lowry to sign it.
The eagle lifted Lowry, who has also made a hole-in-one on the 16th at Augusta National during the Masters, to four under par, four shots off the lead.
Golf’s richest event is set to finish on Monday evening following several lengthy weather delays over the first few days.
- Rory McIlroy gives his verdict after sparkling start at PGA Championship
- Tiger Woods’ not happy with cameraman as he limps through PGA Championship
- Shane Lowry and Séamus Power are driven by ‘the fear’ at PGA Championship
- Phil Mickelson's exile continues as he abandons USPGA Championship defence
- Séamus Power finds putting magic to open with sensational six-under in Dallas
- What time, channel, team news and all you need to know about Man City v Aston Villa
- Jurgen Klopp with a warning to Man City as Premier League title race reaches conclusion
- Tennis plunged into civil war as ranking points are stripped from Wimbledon over Russia ban
- Fernandinho ‘really proud’ of achievements as he prepares for City swansong
- No hangover next season if Arsenal miss out on Champions League – Mikel Arteta