Foot-brawl Laois GAA to launch probe after mass fight at end of senior football clash
County board to probe scenes at Championship clash between Arles-Killeen and Killeshin
Laois GAA look set to launch an investigation into the ugly scenes which broke out after a senior football clash between Arles-Killeen and Killeshin on Saturday evening in O'Moore Park.
Killeshin came away victorious in the local derby meeting, 1-17 to 0-15 after extra time, to progress in the Laois SFC and leave Arles-Killeen facing a relegation scrap, but a mass brawl at the final whistle dominated the conversation afterwards.
Video footage widely circulated across social media highlights a section of the melee that appears to show a supporter getting involved from behind the barrier before being dragged onto the pitch as the row escalates further.
The fight features players, supporters and officials with sanctions likely to be handed down by Laois chiefs because of the unwelcome incidents, which marred a busy weekend in the O'Moore county.
- Pat Spillane Opinion I believe we in sport have become obsessed with the cult of the manager
- Andy McEntee to remain as Meath senior football manager after county board meeting
- Pat Spillane hopes appearing on Living with Lucy will make people think heâ€™s â€˜alrightâ€™
- Wicklow GAA to investigate violent scenes at Under-15 Carnew v Kilcoole match
- Outsider Oâ€™Connor back inside Kingdom and living another â€˜dream come trueâ€™
- Police say woman was raped on US train while others sat and did nothing
- Man kills estate agent after complaining new house did not match online description
- Judge dismisses â‚¬60k claim by farmer (79) who was knocked out by 'mad cow'
- Rory McIlroy makes a stark admission as he bounces back to secure 20th PGA Tour win
- Man due in court charged in connection with robberies against taxi drivers in Cork