moving on Davy Fitzgerald steps down as Wexford hurling manager
Davy Fitzgerald has stepped down as Wexford hurling manager.
In a statement released by the county board, Fitzgerald cited the long distance he was travelling as the main reason for his departure.
"I have informed the County Board that I will not be in a position to continue in my role as Bainisteoir of the Wexford Senior Hurling team," he said.
"The main reason for this is down to the six hour round trip from my home in Sixmilebridge, which I have done for the last five years.
"I have never felt closer or happier with any team in all my years coaching and I thoroughly enjoyed every second of my five years in Wexford."
More to follow.....
- â€˜In the hospital I promised him I would give my full focus to win an All-Ireland for Tyroneâ€™ - Frank Burns
- Pat Spillane Opinion There is no point in sugar-coating it.... Mayo bottled it in a final, yet again
- â€˜Itâ€™s a fudge and a disappointment...the GAA should be agitating moreâ€™ - Anger at dressing room restrictions
- Laois GAA to launch probe after mass fight at end of senior football clash
- Roy Curtis Opinion Ten years ago, the sky-blue dream was kick-started by Stephen Cluxton
- Shane Lowry dedicates point to his mother as Europe stare at heavy Ryder Cup defeat
- Thumping defeat for Anthony Joshua as his reign as heavyweight champion ends
- Jurgen Klopp and Jordan Henderson react after Liverpool's crazy game at Brentford
- Jurgen Klopp says Brentford were worthy of their point in â€˜wildâ€™ 3-3 draw
- Assassination hit team dressed as lawyers shoot dead notorious Indian gangster in courtroom battle