showdown Brian Cody's late change as Kilkenny and Dublin name teams for Leinster Championship clash
BRIAN Cody has been forced into a change at full-back for tomorrow’s Leinster SHC clash with Dublin in Parnell Park.
Following reports last week that he suffered a fractured hand against Galway in Salthill, Huw Lawlor is out, with Conor Delaney coming into what is otherwise and unchanged side.
Mattie Kenny, meanwhile, has made two changes to his Dublin side from their last outing, a 0-27 to 1-16 victory over Westmeath in Mullingar.
Fergal Whitely, who contributed two points from the bench to a late-burning win, starts in place of Paul Crummey while Daire Gray comes back into the team at wing-back in place of Shane Barrett.
Out from the team that lost to Cork in their last game go Ger Mellerick, Jack O’Connor and Shane Kingston.
In come Luke Meade – who is named to start at midfield alongside Darragh Fitzgibbon – Conor Lehane and Alan Connolly.
John Kiely, meanwhile, has made just team to the Limerick team for their trip to Ennis tomorrow.
Cathal O’Neill is out injured so Seamus Flanagan comes in at centre-forward.
CORK (SH v Waterford): P Collins; N O’Leary, R Downey, S O’Donoghue; T O’Mahony, C Joyce, M Coleman; D Fitzgibbon, L Meade; R O’Flynn, P Horgan, C Lehane; A Connolly, S Harnedy, S Barrett.
LIMERICK (SH v Clare): N Quaid; S Finn, M Casey, B Nash; D Byrnes, D Hannon, D Morrissey; W O’Donoghue, D O’Donovan; G Hegarty, K Hayes, T Morrissey; A Gillane, S Flanagan, G Mulcahy.
KILKENNY (SH v Dublin): E Murphy; M Butler, C Delaney, T Walsh; M Carey, P Deegan, C Browne; J Maher, C Buckley; W Walsh, P Walsh, A Mullen; B Ryan, TJ Reid, E Cody.
DUBLIN (SH): S Brennan; J Madden, E O’Donnell, C O’Callaghan; D Ryan, P Smyth, D Gray; C Burke, C Crummey; D Burke, R McBride, D Sutcliffe; F Whitely, R Hayes, A Mellett.
- Limerick boss Billy Lee braced for Kerry ‘tidal wave’ led by ‘special talent’ David Clifford
- Conor Lehane the star of the show as Cork hammer Tipp to lay down Championship marker
- Waterford dumped out of Championship as Clare cruise to comfortable victory
- Pat Spillane Opinion Meath, Tipp and Monaghan are in a shambles
- Ciarán Whelan Opinion Why Kerry still look the team to beat in race for Sam and my verdict on the chasing pack
- Niall Horan 'humbled' by fan's mother in hilarious TikTok clip
- Brave garda assaulted and doused in petrol 'may never heal' from trauma
- Maura Higgins explores Paris on 'fairytale' trip with mystery man
- Jealous husband jailed; Love/Hate star dies; and man left with life-changing injuries
- Tánaiste Leo Varadkar's 'disappointment' as Paypal to axe 307 jobs in Ireland