'Incredible' Room To Improve viewers praise 'amazing mum' Lisa Daly after show's return
After the show, viewers took to social media to praise Lisa for doing so much for her kids.
Room To Improve viewers were full of praise for a devoted mum who appeared on the show which returned to RTÉ last night following a two-and-a-half-year break.
Lisa Daly and her husband Marc are parents to boys Jake, Liam, and Alex and wanted to build individual bedrooms for each of the kids, including a special sensory room for Liam, who is autistic.
Host Dermot Bannon went on a journey with the couple to build a new home for their family in Co Dublin.
He conducted extensive research into the best possible way to build Liam’s sensory room.
The Malahide architect visited Liam’s school, The Meadow in Johnstown National School, where he and Lisa met with teacher Julie and spoke about Liam’s needs.
They also visited a sensory room expert Brian Morgan who advised them about the latest products on the market.
After the show, viewers took to social media to praise Lisa for doing so much for her kids and called her an “amazing mother.”
One person said: “The best bit about this episode of Room To Improve was showing the public the realities of having an autistic child and the lengths parents will go to in order to support their sensory and self-regulation needs.”
Another wrote: “The family are incredible though. Lovely people. No notions. Both of them are brilliant and all they want is a great house for their children.”
A third added: “What a super family. House looks gorgeous. Lovely episode and hope they have a great life.”
And someone else said: “Lovely couple, lovely home. I hope that they'll be very happy there. She seems like an amazing mother.”
Another person said that grants should be available to parents of children with special needs to accommodate for things like sensory rooms.
They said: “There really should be a grant available to families to have sensory rooms in their houses it’s a necessity for any child with autism.”
- Sky announces new shows including a Colin Farrell sci-fi movie and a Father Ted reunion
- We look at 11 book adaptations given the Hollywood small screen treatment
- Eamonn Holmes lashes out at ITV, claims exit due to one senior figure's 'agenda'
- Conversation with Friends star says she had no problem with sex scenes
- Toy Show star Saoirse Ruane facing 'fight of her life' ahead of tumour surgery
- Police take down gang that had smuggled drugs into Ireland hidden in Leen Bakker furniture
- Irish soccer heroes presented with medals by President Michael D Higgins on Late Late Show
- Revealed: Face of Irishman jailed in UK for raping woman he met on Plenty of Fish
- Premier League permutations: Plenty to play for at top and bottom on final day
- David De Gea eager to end season to forget for Manchester United on winning note