The superstars were joined by Guy Pearce on the iconic set to reprise their fame-making roles one last time before the show ends for ever next month.
The onscreen lovers had the entire world ensconced in their nuptials with over 20 million viewers in the UK alone.
But where do Scott and Charlene rank in the list of all-time best onscreen couples?
10. ROSS and RACHEL... Friends
They epitomised the will-they-won’t-they genre of our youth. Built up over 235 episodes between 1994 and 2004 fans didn’t know if Ross and Rachel would actually end up together right until the final episode. The wedding day ‘I take thee Rachel’ is still one of the most iconic lines in 90s TV history.
9. PACEY and JOEY... Dawson’s Creek I have a sneaking suspicion that the creators and writers of Dawson’s Creek had always planned to have (the planet’s oldest-looking highschool kids) Joey and Dawson ending up together but soon they realised that Dawson had marginally more charisma than a wet wipe so they pivoted towards creating a Pacey and Joey storyline. Thankfully for fans, despite all the drama, the pair ended up together.
8. MULDER and SCULLY... The X Files We had to wait until season 7 episode 4 to see our favourite alien chasers lock lips. Lots of things were left open at the end of the series but one thing fans agree on is that the pair are well and truly an item by the end. The sexual chemistry was evident from the very start but they were just too busy killing extra terrestrials to act on it.
7. MILEY and BIDDY... Glenroe The love affair between Biddy and Miley began with a first kiss at the end of series one in 1984.
But it was only when Biddy was ill with meningitis that Miley realised he loved her and proposed as soon as she was better. Of course, it wasn’t all plain sailing over the course of their 14 years — and two children — but true love survived.
In the final series it was Miley’s struggle to come to terms with his wife’s sudden death in a car accident that dominated the show.
6. LYNDA and LUIS... Dream Team Yes, I fully understand that this is VERY niche but anyone who watched Dream Team will know why this saucy pair belong here.
He was the Argentinian star player and she (played by Corrie’s Alison King) was Harchester United’s owner. So, you can only imagine the drama that ensued when Latino Luis Amor Rodriguez scored off the pitch as well as on.
5. BILLY and CAROL... Fair City Carol arrived into Carrigstown as a tough-talking recovering alcoholic but even the thick-skinned character was no match for evil crime lord Billy Meehan. She fell in love and soon got engaged and fell pregnant.
He regularly cheated on her with her friends and beat up people for fun.
She wanted him to change but despite glimpses of humanity, the truth was soon clear that he was not for changing.
The episode when Carol’s long lost son Lorcan appeared and killed Billy with a golf club is still the soap’s biggest episode ever.
4. CURLY AND RAQUEL... Coronation Street
The pairing of the geeky bespectacled Curly Watts with the gorgeous Raquel was probably always doomed to failure as the vulnerable blonde soon friend zoned the supermarket manager.
They married in 1995 but she eventually walked out on him to accept a modelling job in Kuala Lumpur. As you do.
She later landed back on the Cobbles with his surprise child in tow. Awww that’s sweet.
3. RICKY and BIANCA… EastEnders
There could have been a dozen Albert Square couples included here but if any pair summed our love affair with the London-based soap it is the hot-headed Bianca and her hapless Ricky.
Despite everything (he cheated on her with her pal Natalie) there was a deep-rooted love here from the beginning.
You’re saying ‘Riccccccckkkkkkkkkkky’ in your head right now aren’t you?
2. SCOTT and CHARLENE… Neighbours The word ‘supercouple’ gets thrown around with real life celebs all the time but very few fictional characters can justifiably earn the label. Neighbours’ Scott and Charlene certainly can.
They were young and in love both on and off screen and had the world watching the hit soap.
Unfortunately, their careers soon took off and the time apart resulted in them splitting. They remain friends today and both instantly agreed to appear in next month’s finale when asked.
1. JR EWING and SUE-ELLEN... Dallas No TV couple list is complete without Dallas’ favourite duo JR and Sue Ellen.
They were partners in marriage and business but in true Dallas style nothing was straightforward.
Their marriage became increasingly turbulent with J.R. ignoring her first with Ewing Oil then philandering with other women.
By the late 1970s Sue Ellen had become an alcoholic.
They divorced in 1981 only to remarry in 1982 and divorce again in 1988.
JR went on to marry Cally while Sue Ellen moved to London with her new lover Don Lockwood (played by Ian McShane).