Kat's Out of the Bag Kathryn Thomas won't return to RTÉ's No Place Like Home this year
The RTÉ star hosted the hit series, which focused on the best staycation spots Ireland has to offer, for two seasons
Kathryn Thomas has said that she won’t return to her travel show No Place Like Home this summer.
The RTÉ star hosted the hit series, which focused on the best staycation spots Ireland has to offer, for two seasons.
But she revealed that she will be taking some well-deserved maternity leave over the summer months after welcoming her daughter Grace in November and returning to work on Operation Transformation just two months later.
“No Place Like Home is not coming back this year from what I know,” she told RSVP Live.
“I have decided to take my maternity leave. I decided last year that if I was going back to work from Operation Transformation that I would go on maternity leave during the summer.
“While I loved going around Ireland in a campervan, it was still work. We had great fun, but we were still working.
“I want to take a couple of weeks off and go away with the girls. I want six weeks without having to think about work at all.
“I want to use that time with the girls because you will never get it back. When you are a freelancer and self-employed, you have to be strict with yourself and take time out. For me, that time will be this summer.”
Kathryn said that she found it easy to work on Operation Transformation while looking after baby Grace and praised the team at RTÉ for being so accommodating.
“I had two months with her and then I went back to work in January, but she came with me when we recorded on set every Saturday,” she said.
“I did the voiceovers from my wardrobe every Tuesday morning. The lads would drop in the equipment and new batteries. I had the script in one hand, I had her on the boob and off we went to do the recording.”
- Toy Show star Saoirse Ruane facing 'fight of her life' ahead of tumour surgery
- Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker ‘legally wed at California courthouse’
- We look at 11 book adaptations given the Hollywood small screen treatment
- Paul Mescal packs on PDA with rumoured fiancée Phoebe Bridgers in LA
- Trio of TV stars abseil from top of Croker to raise funds for Down Syndrome Ireland
- Johnny Depp fulfilling promise that Amber Heard ‘will never see his eyes again’
- Liverpool without Mohamed Salah and Virgil Van Dijk for crunch Saints clash
- Blackpool's Jake Daniels becomes first UK currently active male footballer to come out as gay
- Newcastle victory dents Arsenal’s hopes of Champions League spot
- Woman found not guilty of murdering her husband after night out in Wexford