Jacqui Smith gives update on her next Strictly performance

She will be performing the samba in her next dance.
(BBC/PA)

(BBC/PA)

By Tom Horton, PA

Jacqui Smith has hinted at what she and Anton Du Beke have planned for their next Strictly Come Dancing performance, saying there will be “a bit of shouting”.

The former home secretary will be performing the samba in the next instalment of the BBC celebrity dancing competition.

The pair finished at the bottom of the judges’ leaderboard last week.

(Ray Burminston/PA)

(Ray Burminston/PA)

Smith told sister programme It Takes Two: “This week, there’s going to be a bit of shouting.”

Smith added: “I may or may not be going up in the air.”

Du Beke said they would be going “full Vegas”.

“We might have a feather fan, we might have a bit of elevation at the end,” he added.

Smith said she is “loving” the experience of appearing on the show.

Anton Du Beke (Ian West/PA)

Anton Du Beke (Ian West/PA)

“I’m living my best life, I couldn’t have a better partner,” she said.

“We laugh a lot of the time, when I’m not swearing and he’s not telling me off and, in fact, even then we laugh.”

She added: “I have often said, you get to your late 50s, sometimes people thing, ‘Is that the end of your adventures?’

“No. This has been a brilliant adventure and I couldn’t have shared it with a better person.”


Today's Headlines

More TV

Download the Sunday World app

Now download the free app for all the latest Sunday World News, Crime, Irish Showbiz and Sport. Available on Apple and Android devices