Brave Erica Cody says 'heart goes out' to Ukrainian Dancing With The Stars partner
"I'm here now more than ever. I'll be there for him because of what's going on in the world'
Dancing With The Stars star Erica Cody says her heart goes out to her Ukrainian pro partner Denys Samson, and she stresses she will not stand in his way if he needs to return to his war-ravaged country.
"It's horrible for everyone but especially for him being the only Ukrainian dancer on the show," says Erica (26).
"I'm here now more than ever. I'll be there for him because of what's going on in the world
"Of course he's upset. It's a very terrifying thing for everybody to see on the news, never mind if it's actually your home, so of course he's worried."
But brave Denys (32) has showed up for practice every day this week despite Russian forces bombarding his country.
"I absolutely take my hat off to him with everything that's going on. He is still showing up every day and he is still coming and giving all his energy and putting everything into what we are doing, so I can only commend him," says singer Erica.
"I keep on telling him 'you can take breaks'. He keeps saying 'let's keep going'.
"We are just taking things day by day. We are very close and we listen to each other and we have a really good relationship. We are a team at the end of the day and I'm here for him and he's here for me."
Erica confirms Denys has opened up to her about the violence back home.
"He has spoken to me about it because as I said we have a really close relationship." Tonight, Erica she will perform an American Smooth to Ella Fitzgerald's 'Too Darn Hot' as part of American Salsa week.
"It's going to be chilled," she smiles.
- Downton Abbey's Maggie Smith and Ozark's Laura Linney spotted filming new movie in Dublin
- Sky announces new shows including a Colin Farrell sci-fi movie and a Father Ted reunion
- We look at 11 book adaptations given the Hollywood small screen treatment
- Eamonn Holmes lashes out at ITV, claims exit due to one senior figure's 'agenda'
- Conversation with Friends star says she had no problem with sex scenes
- Champion boxer Sunny Edwards says he doesn't know if he is part of US Kinahan ban
- Istanbul champions Amy Broadhurst and Lisa O’Rourke arrive home to hero's welcome
- Locals remain in fear as vigil for murdered mum Lisa Thompson is held in Ballymun
- Irish climber nearing top of Everest says his mum’s death made him follow his passion
- Derry Girls and Peaky Blinders star joins tens of thousands on Irish language rights protest