Not Holm-ies Eamonn Holmes reignites feud with 'passive-aggressive' Phillip Schofield
Phillip celebrated 40 years in the television industry this week with a special hosted by Lorraine Kelly dedicated to him.
Eamonn Holmes has reignited his feud with Phillip Schofield after taking a jab at one of his recent TV appearances.
On Monday, Phillip celebrated 40 years in the television industry with a special hosted by Lorraine Kelly dedicated to him.
His partner-in-crime Holly Willoughby, wife Steph, and Fern Britton – who Phillip reportedly fell out with after she quit This Morning - all paid tribute to the presenter on the show.
But Phillip’s tribute appeared to irritate Eamonn, who was dropped from his Friday slot on This Morning with his wife Ruth Langsford in November 2020 after 14 years.
His recent Twitter activity suggests that he wasn’t too impressed by the celebrations.
Eamonn liked a tweet which read: “This #lorraine show is bizarre.. why not celebrate 40 years on #thismorning instead of another show?”
And he liked another tweet that appeared to slam Phillip while praising Eamonn: “I stopped watching once you and Ruth went from TM. I knew someone who worked behind the scenes on TM. She said you where both so lovely . But Philip Schofield was rude and had no time for them .”
This week, Eamonn hit back at an ITV insider’s claims that This Morning viewers “wanted change” and caused producers to axe him and Ruth from the show.
The Belfast man retweeted a comment from his Intertalent representative Jonathan Shalit, who said: “Don’t believe a ‘source’ said anything official @ITV always respect @InterTalent. Untrue research show viewers no longer want @EamonnHolmes rated better than others on @thismorning@GBNEWS show often beats @SkyNews@BBC recommissioned his Farm to Feast.”
He also liked a tweet from presenter Richard Keyes, who wrote: “Why don’t ITV just leave is alone? Everything I’m reading on my feed tells me this ‘insider’ is wrong. @EamonnHolmes ratings on @GBNEWS tell me they’re wrong. Stay on the high ground legend.
Eamonn’s social media activity comes after he hit out at Phillip Schofield for being “passive-aggressive” two years after making an official complaint to ITV bosses about him.
Speaking to The Daily Mail’s Weekend Magazine, the 61-year-old said: “Phillip is renowned for snubbing people.
“He's very passive-aggressive. It's up to Ruth to say how she felt, but I was feeling hurt for her. No one would have snubbed me like that.”
- Elaine Crowley admits not having kids wasn't a 'conscious decision'
- Derry Girls' Jamie-Lee O'Donnell always checked for 'bomb scare clauses' in contracts
- Love Island bosses reveal major change to upcoming 2022 series
- First Dates Ireland bosses search for singletons to star on show
- Love Island 2022 start date is less than two weeks away
- V&A to stage first UK exhibition on fashion designer Gabrielle ‘Coco’ Chanel
- Omagh bombing victim's dad slams delay extraditing Real IRA chief to Lithuania
- Neighbour from hell jailed; New IRA state agent flees; and drug baron barred from gym
- Husband of hero teacher killed in Texas school shooting dies of heart attack
- LaLiga president continues to grumble over PSG's lavish Kylian Mbappe deal