Big Step Dancing With The Stars pro Emily Barker reveals boyfriend moved to Ireland for her
The English dancer was eliminated from the show alongside her partner, former RTÉ newsreader Aengus MacGrianna, on Sunday night
Dancing With The Stars pro Emily Barker has revealed that her boyfriend moved to Ireland to be with her while she worked on the show.
The 25-year-old recently signed a lease with her boxer boyfriend Olly Ashton in Macclesfield, Cheshire, England but moved over to Dublin to take part in the RTÉ show with her beau in tow.
The English dancer was eliminated from the show alongside her partner, former RTÉ newsreader Aengus MacGrianna, on Sunday night.
Speaking to RSVP Live, Emily said that she would love to do some sightseeing around Ireland with Olly now that she’s been booted from the competition.
“My boyfriend is here as well,” she shared.
“We won't travel while the show is still happening. You are so involved still and you want to be here every weekend for the live show.
“Maybe after the show ends, I would love to go and do some travelling because we really only get to see Dublin, that was kind of it.
“I would love to go see some more parts of Ireland, definitely.”
She added that she’ll still be busy over the coming weeks as she’ll have to help out with different dance routines on the show.
She said: “We are just going full steam ahead with pro numbers so fingers crossed we can get back dancing together as a group.
“I suppose I will just be popping into rehearsals to see if anyone needs help.
“But I will be mainly missing Aengus.”
Before meeting Olly, Emily famously dated former Love Island star Curtis Pritchard before moving onto Irish actor Johnny Ward, who she was paired up with on Series 3.
The pair made it the whole way to the final but fell short of winning the crown and enjoyed a brief fling after the show ended.
- Elaine Crowley admits not having kids wasn't a 'conscious decision'
- Derry Girls' Jamie-Lee O'Donnell always checked for 'bomb scare clauses' in contracts
- Love Island bosses reveal major change to upcoming 2022 series
- First Dates Ireland bosses search for singletons to star on show
- Love Island 2022 start date is less than two weeks away
- Geetanjali Shree becomes first Indian winner of International Booker Prize
- Dame Deborah James: New fashion line to raise more donations for cancer research
- V&A to stage first UK exhibition on fashion designer Gabrielle ‘Coco’ Chanel
- Omagh bombing victim's dad slams delay extraditing Real IRA chief to Lithuania
- Neighbour from hell jailed; New IRA state agent flees; and drug baron barred from gym