Two to Tango Dancing With The Stars contestants shut down romance rumours on hit show
"This is the first I've heard of it. All that's going on that I know is dancing, that's all I know"
Dancing With The Stars celebrities have closed ranks amid rumours of contestants finding romance on the hit show.
Previous winner Lottie Ryan hinted during the week on her podcast that "everything you think is going on is going on."
Much of the focus has centred on Love Island star Matthew McNabb's recent admission that he has found love on the show.
Meanwhile, rugby star Jordan Conroy admits he has been hit on by both female and male admirers but while he claims he's still single he remains coy about the backstage romance gossip involving others.
"This is the first I've heard of it. All that's going on that I know is dancing, that's all I know," laughs the Tullamore hunk.
Singer Erica Cody is rumoured to be in a long-term relationship but refuses to throw light on who the mystery person in her life is - and won't be drawn on others.
"I feel it's a very subjective statement so whatever you feel is going on is probably going on. It could be, you never know," she says.
Swimmer Ellen Keane has been with her boyfriend, table tennis Gavin Maguire, for a couple of years, but she too is reticent to speak about the rumours involving her male co-stars on the show.
"I have no idea!" she maintains.
Ellen represented Ireland in two Paralympics but refused to be drawn into the recent controversy where Russia and Belarus were banned from the recent games due to the invasion of Ukraine.
"That's a big political thing, we just focus on our sport," says Dubliner Ellen (26), who won a gold medal at the 2020 Tokyo Paralympics. "I'd rather not comment on something like that."
As well as Ellen, Erica, Jordan and Matthew competing in tonight's semi-final, also taking part is the favourite to win the show, Nina Carberry.
Erica is performing a jive tonight, Jordan an American Smooth and Ellen a salsa.
"I'm just really excited and it's kind of hard to believe that it's already the semi-final, because you're just reaching each week and trust in the process and hopefully getting through each week," admits Dubliner Erica (26).
"You nearly forget it's the semi-final. So I think to have a jive, which is super energetic for the semis, with Denys [Samson] back, we are so excited, I'm having a ball.
"I don't want it to end, I don't know what I'm going to do when it's over."
Dancing With The Stars is on RTE One tonight at 6.30pm.
- We look at 11 book adaptations given the Hollywood small screen treatment
- Eamonn Holmes lashes out at ITV, claims exit due to one senior figure's 'agenda'
- Conversation with Friends star says she had no problem with sex scenes
- Toy Show star Saoirse Ruane facing 'fight of her life' ahead of tumour surgery
- Kourtney Kardashian and Travis Barker ‘legally wed at California courthouse’
- Businessman filmed waving 'handgun' at teens gets 75 hours of community service
- Bogus Irish and British roofers jailed for scamming elderly in Australia out of $434k
- Liverpool take title race to the final day with comeback victory at Southampton
- Deborah James ‘gutted’ she will not see new book published
- Motorcyclist (50s) dies in Co Kerry crash after bike strikes wall