Show Must Go On Dáithí Ó Sé to be replaced on RTÉ’s Today Show after catching Covid-19
A spokesperson for RTÉ confirmed that the entertainment programme would continue without Dáithí this week
Dáithí Ó Sé will be replaced on RTÉ’s The Today Show this week after testing positive for Covid-19.
Sports broadcaster Marty Morrissey and former Winning Streak host Derek Mooney will be filling in for the presenter while he recovers from the virus.
A spokesperson for RTÉ confirmed that the entertainment programme would continue without Dáithí this week, saying: “Dáithí Ó Sé will be absent from Today on RTÉ One this week as he has tested positive for Covid-19.
“Derek Mooney will be in studio on Monday and Tuesday with Sinead Kennedy and on Wednesday with Maura Derrane.
“Marty Morrisey will co-present with Maura this coming Thursday and Friday.”
Taking to Instagram on Sunday, Dáithí told his followers that he had contracted Covid and uploaded a photo of his positive antigen test.
The 45-year-old said: “So good people, at the weekend I tested positive for Covid-19 after avoiding it for almost two years.
“I feel fluey and achey. I have pains. I can't taste anything or smell much, but other than that, I'm fine. I just thought I'd let you all know.
“I'll be back hopefully on the Today Show next week. Best of luck to Derek Mooney and Marty Morrissey who are sitting in for the week.
“God bless and stay safe everyone,” he added.
The Kerry native currently lives in Co. Galway with his wife and former Rose of Tralee contestant Rita and their 7-year-old son Mícheál Óg.
He travels to RTÉ’s Cork studio every day to present The Today Show alongside co-hosts Maura Derrane and Sinead Kennedy, who has just returned to the show from an extended maternity leave following the birth of her first child.
- Love Island bosses reveal major change to upcoming series
- First Dates Ireland bosses search for singletons to star on show
- Love Island 2022 start date is less than two weeks away
- Love Island star calls Mary Lou McDonald an 'absolute delight' in 'bizarre' crossover
- Moment Irish dad abandoned as baby discovers his mum is alive and wants to meet
- Deirdre Reynolds Opinion Deirdre Reynolds: Victoria Beckham's 'curve' ball is a fat lot of good
- Kim Kardashian ‘heartbroken, disgusted and furious’ following Texas shooting
- Westmeath woman awarded €16,400 after falling from defective chair in Supermacs
- Salvador Ramos: Texas gunman warned of school shooting on social media
- Dungannon road crash victim named as Co Antrim man Paul McLarnon (61)