HEALTH SCARE Ricky Skaggs gives a hearty thanks
RICKY Skaggs has spoken for the first time about his quadruple bypass heart surgery in Nashville last June, revealing that he nearly postponed the life-saving procedure.
Skaggs says he knew something was wrong for more than six months before the routine medical check-up that led to his surgery. He'd felt a tightness in his chest and shortness of breath for several months.
When his doctors advised that he undergo an angiogram after a six-month health check-up produced concerning results, he nearly decided to put it off for a week. Ricky and his wife, Sharon, were due to visit their son, Luke, whose wife Rosemary was due to give birth at the time.
Skaggs (66) says he felt God intervened and made him change his mind about putting off the op for a week. He had the surgery four days later in Nashville.
He says that his forced time at home in 2020 due to the pandemic also worked in his favour.
"I have thanked the Lord hundreds of times that I wasn't out in the middle of Texas on a tour bus, miles away from a hospital," Skaggs states. "It was a major blessing I didn't have a heart attack. Now I feel 150 per cent better."
- Dolly Parton reveals heartache as brother Randy dies after cancer battle
- Roger Daltrey denies changing Brexit views after signing music visa letter
- Olivia Rodrigo responds to speculation about Drivers License love triangle
- Gary Barlow says he is â€™50 years young, but not doneâ€™ as he celebrates milestone
- AC/DCâ€™s new video magically brings band together while apart
- Jurgen Klopp gives his most forthright interview yet on his Liverpool transfer frustrations
- Fulham facing several more weeks without injured captain Tom Cairney
- Jurgen Klopp â€˜wonâ€™t cry like a kidâ€™ about a lack of transfer business in January
- Pep Guardiola banking on Man City spirit to help cushion Kevin De Bruyne blow
- Mikel Arteta hopes Arsenal have learned lessons from having to pay players off