Swift Defence Jedward defend Taylor Swift over claims she doesn't write her songs
In an interview with the LA Times, Blur frontman and co-founder of Gorillaz Damon Albarn (53) said that Swift 'doesn't write her own songs'
Jedward have defended Taylor Swift after British musician Damon Albarn claimed that she didn’t write her own songs.
In an interview with the LA Times, Blur frontman and co-founder of virtual band Gorillaz Albarn (53) said that Swift “doesn't write her own songs.”
He added that he is much “more attracted to” Billie Eilish and her brother Finneas, who he thinks are “really interesting songwriters.”
But 11-time Grammy winner Swift didn’t take lightly to Albarn’s comments, slamming his statements as “completely false and so damaging.”
Taking to Twitter, the pop superstar tagged Albarn in a tweet and wrote: “I was such a big fan of yours until I saw this.
Fake AF you said what you said! you are degrading Hope you understand - Jedward— JEDWARD (@planetjedward) January 24, 2022
“I write ALL of my own songs. Your hot take is completely false and SO damaging. You don’t have to like my songs but it’s really f**ked up to try and discredit my writing. WOW.”
The 32-year-old added: “PS I wrote this tweet all by myself in case you were wondering.”
Albarn then retracted his comments and apologised to Swift publicly, claiming that his words were twisted by the LA Times to generate clicks.
He said: “I totally agree with you. I had a conversation about songwriting and sadly it was reduced to clickbait. I apologise unreservedly and unconditionally. The last thing I would want to do is discredit your songwriting. I hope you understand. - Damon”
But Albarn’s apology was received poorly by fans online, and even Irish pop duo Jedward got involved in the chaos on Monday night.
Responding to Albarn’s apology on their joint Twitter account, the twins defended Swift and wrote: “Fake AF you said what you said! you are degrading Hope you understand – Jedward”
Hordes of fans praised Jedward, whose real names are John and Edward Grimes, for “dragging” Albarn and showing him where the door is.
“GET HIM JEDWARD!!!!!!” one fan wrote.
Another wrote: “Quite enjoying Jedward weighing in on the Swift/Albarn feud though. Heroic.”
“SCREAMING at Jedward getting involved. Icons,” a third chimed in.
- Peter Andre criticises how Rebekah Vardy's 'chipolata' manhood jibe keeps coming up
- Dubliner Dermot Kennedy misses home while touring but will never Facetime his mammy
- Tickets for Bruce Springsteen's three Dublin shows sell out within minutes
- Third show added to Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band’s Dublin dates
- Tickets for Bruce Springsteen and his E Street Band’s Dublin dates on sale this morning
- Tell family where missing woman Sandra Collins is buried — retired garda pleas
- Daughter of refugee hit by Derek Hutch's motorbike asks for prayers for injured mum
- Grape Spy: Jean Smullen
- Moto Guzzi Guardia d’Onore V85 special edition pays homage to elite police guard
- Jurgen Klopp's defiant message for Liverpool fans after Champions League heartache