harsh words 50 Cent responds to fat-shaming remarks after his Super Bowl halftime performance
50 Cent has responded to body-shaming trolls after his Super Bowl 2022 performance.
The 46-year-old rapper made a surprise appearance during the halftime show at the Super Bowl on Sunday.
50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis James Jackson III, recreated his upside-down stunt from the music video of his song “In Da Club”.
Soon after his performance, 50 Cent – real name is Curtis James Jackson III – was trolled online due to his weight.
On Thursday, the rapper responded to his trolls as he reminded fans on Instagram that he “can’t” be shamed.
Promoting his merch, 50 Cent wrote: “I call this teasing me.
“They’re just teasing me because they know I can drop the weight,” he wrote.
“That’s why I laugh with them. Fat-shaming only applies when your ashamed of your fat. LOL [sic].”
50 Cent performed “In Da Club” during the halftime show alongside Dr Dre, Snoop Dogg, Mary J Blige, Eminem and Kendrick Lamar.
Many memes have circulated since the event, with 50 Cent compared variously to characters Spider-Man, Batman, Luke Skywalker and Homer Simpson, to name a few.
- Peter Andre criticises how Rebekah Vardy's 'chipolata' manhood jibe keeps coming up
- Dubliner Dermot Kennedy misses home while touring but will never Facetime his mammy
- Tickets for Bruce Springsteen's three Dublin shows sell out within minutes
- Third show added to Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band’s Dublin dates
- Tickets for Bruce Springsteen and his E Street Band’s Dublin dates on sale this morning
- Scorcher of a day forecast by Met Éireann as temperatures to hit 21C
- Four men and one woman quizzed after €643,000 drugs seized in Clare and Limerick
- Chelsea confirm agreement to sell the club to US magnate Todd Boehly in £4.25billion deal
- Dubliner Nuala McGovern gets role broadcasting to millions as the face of BBC World Service
- Garda hi-viz vest seized during raid targeting drugs gang in Co Derry