Never Say Never Again Barry Keoghan admits that he's interested in playing James Bond
The Irish actor said that he would also be happy to play a villain in the franchise
Barry Keoghan has admitted that it would be “quite cool” to play James Bond after teasing that he was eyeing up the role last month.
The Irish actor, who recently starred in Marvel’s Eternals and had a cameo in the latest Batman flick, expressed his interest in playing the legendary secret agent but said that he would also be happy to play a villain in the franchise.
Back in February, the 29-year-old sent fans wild by sharing some topless photos of himself on Twitter with the caption: “BOND who!?”
When asked about the photos on the Ryan Tubridy Show on RTÉ Radio One, Barry said: “Ah look I was having a bit of craic, you know you just throw your hat in the ring for it and see what happens. But I am curious to see where they go upon.
“Even to play the villain. That would be quite cool. But maybe Bond actually you know what, maybe Bond.”
“We will see, we will see what happens.”
While rumours are rife that Barry is set to take on the role of the Joker after his short cameo as ‘Unseen Arkham Prisoner’ in The Batman, the Dublin native has remained tight-lipped about what's in store for him next.
Tubridy asked him about his role in the DC hit film, but Barry quickly moved the conversation forward, saying: “I’m in it, you know I’m in it.
“I’m just going to cut this conversation now Ryan, yeah. I’m on the second last scene, go see it. It’s three hours long, it will be the best three hours of your life.”
Host Ryan quipped: “Do you know what you are, you’re a joker.”
Barry explained that he didn’t want to get in trouble by studio bosses: “I won't comment I won't say anything.
“You know, you want to keep that professionalism going forward. And for Marvel, DC, and every other project.”
- 'The Hurler' director says he kept filming with a concussion during scene with Marty Morrissey
- Saoirse Ronan and Dua Lipa tipped to star in Barbie movie with Margot Robbie
- Pirates of the Caribbean creators say Johnny Depp's return is 'yet to be decided'
- Netflix release first look at Liam Neeson in new movie filming in Donegal
- Cruel Intentions star Selma Blair says she 'has been raped multiple times'
- Judge grants request for psychologist for man charged in connection with fire in which his mother died
- Dara Ó Briain slams Dublin Airport as a 'mess' with 'insane queues'
- 23 firefighters battle huge blaze for five hours next door to newly re-opened Wexford pub
- Aston Villa sign midfielder Boubacar Kamara from Marseille on a five-year deal
- Ayoze Perez admits his season ‘hasn’t been great’ after struggling for game time