'ask for help' Michelle Heaton shows off toned muscles ahead of next phase of alcohol addiction recovery
On Saturday, she marked nine months of sobriety
Michelle Heaton has showed off her toned muscles ahead of her next phase of her alcohol addiction recovery.
Taking to Instagram she flaunted her strong arms and toned abs as she said that exercise is a key part of her recovery.
“Flex Friday,” she said.
“Today, @hughhanley called it my “last chance workout” why?We will let you all in on the next phase of my journey in 2022 soon.”
“Loved working out early the past month with my man. Time to take a break. And this bird will be fighting fit once again!”
“What doesn’t break us … makes us stronger,” she added.
On Saturday, she marked 9 months of sobriety.
Taking to social media, she celebrated, saying: “Today I am grateful for waking up nine months clean and sober!
“It feels both surreal AND attainable. I follow a #twelvesteps programme and today I am free from the obsession to drink or use.
“I have tools today that gave me a life beyond my wildest dreams. A family who are not riddled with worry or pain.
“Friends who trust me.
“Opportunities in work I never thought possible because I’m reliable and determined.
“A dog who looks at me with love not sadness.
“But more importantly I love myself again and forgive myself for all the horrible things I did to my body.
“There is a solution. If you wake up today with the need to drink and you can’t not understand why you can’t stop. Ask for help. I did!”
She previously revealed she was “close to death” after a three-day cocaine binge that saw her consume “a gram a night” of the Class A drug.
Last year Michelle checked into the famous rehabilitation centre The Priory for recovering and help after finding herself at rock bottom.
Michelle revealed that she was “days from death” when she entered the rehab facility, and was told by a therapist that she “might not make it”.
After leaving rehab, Michelle said that what she had been doing “was a suicide mission."
“I was crying out for help when I couldn't actually ask for help. When you're an addict, it feels like there's no way out,” she said.
She also confessed that she had been drinking two bottles of wine and a bottle of vodka “virtually every day since 2018” until last September when she “hit rock bottom with the alcohol and had excruciating pains”.
“My doctor could feel my liver sticking out because I was so thin,” she recalled.
- Rebekah Vardy claims she was made ‘scapegoat’ at Euro 2016 ‘Wagatha Christie’ trial reveals
- How the UK’s Eurovision entries have fared in the charts
- Vardy complained to husband of being ‘scapegoat’ at Euro 2016, texts reveal
- Author Anne Bronte was skilled rock collector, researchers reveal
- Tyson Fury spotted with Scottish gangster linked to Daniel Kinahan in taxi-kicking incident
- What time, channel, team news and all you need to know about Man City v Aston Villa
- Jurgen Klopp with a warning to Man City as Premier League title race reaches conclusion
- Tennis plunged into civil war as ranking points are stripped from Wimbledon over Russia ban
- Fernandinho ‘really proud’ of achievements as he prepares for City swansong
- No hangover next season if Arsenal miss out on Champions League – Mikel Arteta