'soulmate' Westlife’s Kian Egan pays tribute to wife Jodi Albert following tragic miscarriage
The couple announced the heart breaking news this week
Westlife singer Kian Egan has paid tribute to his wife Jodi Albert following the news she suffered a tragic miscarriage.
Taking to social media, he shared a picture with his wife and wrote: “I don’t really have any words to describe this woman.”
“All I know is I love her with all my heart. She is the strongest person I know. We have been through some heartbreak recently. A heartbreak that will never go away. Love you my soul mate @jodialbert.”
Bandmate Nicky Byrne commented a heart emoji on the post as friends and fans alike rallied around to show the couple their support.
Taking to Instagram on Thursday, Jodi revealed that the couple lost their baby – their second miscarriage in just over three years - in a heartbreaking post.
Sharing a photo of herself and Kian on holiday, she said: "I posted a similar pic to this on Valentine’s Day... one person commented and said she looks pregnant…”
“On any other occasion I might have been offended but on this occasion I thought.. ooh she guessed it right, I am and I cannot wait to get to 12 weeks to share our happy news!!!”
“But sadly we lost our little one at nine weeks pregnant... this is my second miscarriage although 3 1/2 years apart… this one hit differently because we allowed ourselves to get excited and dream about what the future would look like with a new beautiful little blessing to add to our family,” she continued.
“I have written out this post and deleted it so many times as my biggest fear has been having to tell people but I know that by talking or posting about it, it can be so helpful for anyone going through this painful loss.. to know that you're not alone and although that little baby was never born, it still has a huge place in your heart.
“The silence after the D&C procedure is deafening because you are left with so many thoughts and questions that can sometimes never be answered.”
“I have found comfort in reading and listening to women who have been through the same thing and I suppose this is why I’m pushing through my fear and speaking out.
“I think it’s part of a positive healing process or maybe it’s just for me to remember that it was real and that little baby did exist and was loved so much.
“To my husband who has just been my rock... you are the most amazing man... I love you and our boys so much and am so grateful for what I already have.”
Kian and Jodi have been married for twelve years and are parents to two children Koa (10) and Zeke (6).
- Bonnie Ryan serenaded from her balcony ahead of 'dream' Italian wedding
- Una Healy models her sandal and stiletto collection in at-home photoshoot
- Ronan and Storm Keating's 'joy' at Paris trip paid for by kids Missy and Jack
- Bonnie Ryan to wed in same Italian church sister Lottie got hitched in five years ago
- Rock star Bressie admits he had concerns about being in band with partner Louize Carroll
- Man Utd confirm Steve McClaren and Mitchell van der Gaag as his assistant coaches
- Hospital staff member is arrested over alleged poisoning after death of infant
- Knife-wielding robber warned shop assistant that he knew where he lived before stealing €600
- Man 'harassed' 87-year-old dementia sufferer with requests for money, court told
- Shoplifter who walked into store in stocking feet, walked out in stolen runners, court hears