Well wishes Una Healy wishes pal Lynsey Bennett 'safe travels' ahead of her cancer treatment abroad
The mum of two is leaving Ireland on a Ferry today to make her way to Germany for treatment
Una Healy has taken to Instagram to wish her pal Lynsey Bennett well ahead of her upcoming cancer treatment in Germany.
The Cervical Check campaigner recently revealed that she is set to travel across Europe this week to access treatment for her terminal cancer.
“Safe travels Lynsey,” Una wrote, sharing a snap of the pair.
Lynsey responded: “Thank you my gorgeous girlie. Can’t wait to catch up when I am home.”
The mum of two is leaving Ireland on a Ferry today to make her way to Germany for treatment.
She recently revealed that a tumour in her bowel has grown again.
“My tumours haven't started anywhere new which is amazing but my bowel one isn't playing ball and in (a) matter of weeks has grown again,” she shared on Instagram in January.
"Also last week with my arm swelling, numb (and) being in pain actually showed inflammation on PET scan which they don't feel is cancer but something is annoying it."
“Germany has never been so vital,” she said. “I want to try more things to live,” she explained.
She was diagnosed with cervical cancer in January 2017 following a series of smears since 2010 which failed to detect disease.
In November 2020, she was told that she had less than twelve months to live and travelled to Mexico for cancer treatment, which she said reduced her tumours significantly.
Appearing on Ireland AM this week, she revealed how her daughter recently told her she hopes she doesn't die.
“Hailee was going to her dad’s there two weekends ago,” she began telling presenters Muireann O’Connell and Tommy Bowe.
“She's going out the door and she's hugging me goodbye, and I knew she wasn't in great form, and she just turned around and she [said] ‘I hope you don’t die, goodbye’ and she ran out the door.”
“It literally broke my heart,” she said.
“I was just like… it’s just so playing on her mind.”
- Outrage as scammers target Daniel O'Donnell charity concert for young cancer patient
- Eamonn Holmes lashes out at ITV, claims exit due to one senior figure's 'agenda'
- Conversation with Friends star says she had no problem with sex scenes
- Conor McGregor's coach John Kavanagh says Irish schools make people 'money dumb'
- Keith Duffy says Boyzlife 'don't do' Irish gigs because people here are 'negative'
- Former Ireland midfielder David Meyler says he' love to see Roy Keane back in management
- Shane Lowry and Séamus Power are driven by ‘the fear’ at PGA Championship
- King Con is back and is ready to fire his Dublin team up for an All-Ireland challenge
- Tony Evans Opinion Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp again showing the class that Boris Johnson clearly lacks
- Monet’s Le Grand Canal et Santa Maria della Salute sells for record £45 million