mixed reaction Ryan Tubridy and Michael Bublé's Late Late Show duet surprises viewers
The singer joined Ryan for a live performance of Frank Sinatra’s hit song You Make Me Feel so Young
There has been a bit of a mixed reaction to Ryan Tubridy’s duet with Canadian crooner Michael Bublé on last night’s Late Late Show.
The singer, who was a guest on this week’s show, joined Ryan for a live performance of Frank Sinatra’s hit song You Make Me Feel so Young.
Some viewers applauded Ryan’s vocal talents, and took to Twitter to praise his singing voice while others were less impressed.
"Ryan Tubridy and Michael Bublé duetting on #thelatelate - the world's first performance by Tubbles," one fan declared.
Neither would I if I saw it which I won’t. https://t.co/QB7PRkaOlf— Michael Barry (@Michael54325847) April 1, 2022
One wrote: “@MichaelBuble could have a new duet partner! We never knew you could sing Ryan! Gig in Vicar St or Point Theatre on the cards?” "
Another tweeted: “Ryan can sing!! alongside clapping hand emojis."
Lynda commented saying: "Well done Ryan, you did it, a natural after all."
Dee wrote: "Ryan is a great singer."
While another follower also commented saying: "Good man Ryan!"
However, some tweets suggested there some groaning among those watching at home.
“Michael Buble /Ryan Tubridy???.....no thank you!!!,” one stated.
Ryan you certainly nailed that one— Gerry (@gerhewitt1) April 1, 2022
Michael Bublé just fab as always
In reference to Ryan saying he hadn’t slept the night before due to nerves, one user commented: “Neither would I if I saw it which I won’t.”
Another added: "Oh god thank f**k I won't b wasting my time on it watched him with it on ant n Dec last weekend on itv coz I was forced to no thanks"
Ahead of The Late Late Show on Friday, Ryan admitted he was nervous about this week’s episode.
Speaking on his RTÉ Radio 1 show, he said: “Michael Bublé is in town already, I was chatting to him briefly yesterday and he is in flying form.
“The talk of getting a duet together for me at some point is going. That made me sleep about two hours last night at the thought of it.
“A bit like the Leaving Cert, the thought of me with that man and his amazing voice and then my talk-sing-dad-few drinks in voice doesn’t compute.
“There is considerable pressure being put on me. I’m climbing a mountain tomorrow! I can’t be making a fool of myself and Bublé tonight!
“Hopefully we’ll get a couple of tunes going tonight and it’s all live, which is the beauty of it."
- Conor McGregor gushes over 'beautiful' and 'iconic' Kylie Minogue at Elvis premiere
- Elaine Crowley admits not having kids wasn't a 'conscious decision'
- Vogue Williams says having more than 4 kids is 'weird'
- GAA stars and 2 Johnnies host among around 40 men tricked by 'mega catfish'
- Country star Cliona Hagan and Simon Sheerin celebrate beautiful wedding in Athlone
- V&A to stage first UK exhibition on fashion designer Gabrielle ‘Coco’ Chanel
- Omagh bombing victim's dad slams delay extraditing Real IRA chief to Lithuania
- Neighbour from hell jailed; New IRA state agent flees; and drug baron barred from gym
- Husband of hero teacher killed in Texas school shooting dies of heart attack
- LaLiga president continues to grumble over PSG's lavish Kylian Mbappe deal