| 1.8°C Dublin

new statement RTÉ confirm Eoghan McDermott is not returning to 2FM after six years with the station

The broadcaster said they are developing a new direction for the 2FM Breakfast Show, which will be revealed in the coming weeks.

Close

Eoghan McDermott

Eoghan McDermott

Eoghan McDermott

RTÉ have confirmed that Eoghan McDermott will not be returning to host his radio show on 2FM.

In a statement issued today, the national broadcaster wrote: “RTÉ confirms that Eoghan McDermott will not be returning to RTÉ 2FM. His contract is due to expire shortly."

The broadcaster said they are developing a new direction for the 2FM Breakfast Show, which will be revealed in the coming weeks.

Close

Doireann Garrihy and Eoghan McDermott at the launch of the new radio schedule in 2019

Doireann Garrihy and Eoghan McDermott at the launch of the new radio schedule in 2019

Doireann Garrihy and Eoghan McDermott at the launch of the new radio schedule in 2019

They confirmed that Eoghan’s show co-host Doireann Garrihy will remain with the show.

It comes after the Sunday World reported last week that Eoghan was expected to leave his show due to “personal reasons”.

The decision came as the 37-year-old took unplanned annual leave in mid-February.


Download the Sunday World app

Now download the free app for all the latest Sunday World News, Crime, Irish Showbiz and Sport. Available on Apple and Android devices

Online Editors


Top Videos





Privacy