Dan the Man Mrs Brown's Boys star Danny O'Carroll shows off incredible weight loss results
The actor, who stars as Buster Brady in the RTÉ sitcom, decided to adopt a healthier lifestyle over the pandemic and hasn’t looked back
Mrs Brown’s Boy star Danny O’Carroll has shared a photo of his incredible weight loss online.
The actor, who stars as Buster Brady in the RTÉ sitcom, decided to adopt a healthier lifestyle over the pandemic and hasn’t looked back since.
Danny has been keeping his Instagram followers updated since he began his fitness journey last May, dropping from 14 stone to 12 stone in just over six months by eating clean and working out.
The 38-year-old shared a snap of his body before he switched up his lifestyle alongside a more recent photo showing off his slimmer, toned physique.
“How it started [versus] how it’s going,” he captioned the post.
Danny, whose father Brendan is the mastermind behind Mrs Brown’s Boys, has previously opened up about his weight loss journey and admitted that he didn’t know much about health and fitness when he started.
“I don’t know a lot about dieting and exercise, I’m just doing everything off the cuff. I don’t have a personal trainer or I’m not running around for advice or stuff,” he told RSVP Live.
“I got the MyFitnessPal app and I’ve started logging my calories every day. I also train every day. I have a FitBit and I make sure to get my 10,000 steps before I hit the treadmill and run 5-8 kilometres, and then do a dumbbell workout for as long as I feel like.
“I was a big night-time eater, eating absolute sh**e at night-time. So, I started buying these meals from this personal trainer Andy Malone - spicy chicken and sweet potato wedges, chicken curries, Thai green curries, all really nice stuff. I eat three of them a day and I might have a protein yoghurt if I’m hungry.”
Danny said that he doesn’t deprive himself of any foods but tries to eat in moderation.
“I’ve really just changed my routine around. I try to get to bed early, get up early, and I cut out drink.
“I may have a blip when the kids get pizza and I have a slice, but I just log the calories in MyFitnessPal. If I want a KFC, I’ll treat myself to a KFC,” he added.
- Conor McGregor gushes over 'beautiful' and 'iconic' Kylie Minogue at Elvis premiere
- Elaine Crowley admits not having kids wasn't a 'conscious decision'
- Vogue Williams says having more than 4 kids is 'weird'
- GAA stars and 2 Johnnies host among around 40 men tricked by 'mega catfish'
- Country star Cliona Hagan and Simon Sheerin celebrate beautiful wedding in Athlone
- Omagh bombing victim's dad slams delay extraditing Real IRA chief to Lithuania
- Neighbour from hell jailed; New IRA state agent flees; and drug baron barred from gym
- Husband of hero teacher killed in Texas school shooting dies of heart attack
- LaLiga president continues to grumble over PSG's lavish Kylian Mbappe deal
- Everton manager Frank Lampard heaps further praise on Seamus Coleman