ro-dance Matthew MacNabb says Love Island co-stars will attend DWTS final if he sails through semi-final
The 27 year old is dancing in the show's semi final this weekend
Matthew MacNabb has revealed that his Love Island co-stars will attend the finale of Dancing With The Stars if he manages to make it to next weeks show.
The 27-year-old is set to dance in the semi-final of the RTE show this weekend.
Chatting to the Sunday World about the support from his fellow reality star pals, he said a lot of them have been in touch to wish him luck.
“A lot of them have indeed [been in touch], especially when I got into the semi-final.”
“It would be nice to get a couple of them over, I know Brad and alot of them are looking to come over if I get into the final and stuff but it might be a little bit difficult but who knows.”
For the Downpatrick GAA player, his experience on Dancing With The Stars is dramatically different to that of his time on ITV dating show Love Island because he can experience the highs and lows of the competition with his loved ones.
“With Love Island there was a really tight knit bond because obviously you're in it together,” he explained.
“In the sense of the wider community, the people from my town, my county, my family, my friends, it’s not really the same ‘cos I was not experiencing [Love Island] with them, whereas I'm experiencing this with them.”
“ I can see their reactions and talk to them about each week whereas when I was in that bubble in Love Island I didn’t know anything that’s going on [on the outside].”
When it comes to his love life, rumours are rife that he is dating his professional dance partner Laura Nolan.
After confessing he was seeing a Dublin woman he met through the show, people quickly put two and two together after she also said she was dating someone.
As the competition progresses, their on-screen chemistry is palpable as Matthew became more comfortable as a dancer.
“I do think how well you get on with your partner is a big factor,” he said.
“I know if I didn't get on well with Laura I’d really struggle with this whole process in the sense that you're getting feedback every week, you're working around the clock, and it takes over your entire life if you didn't get on with the person emotionally then it really wouldn't be enjoyable.”
With a very public interest in his love life, McNabb admits he did not expect it.
“I didn't really expect people to be that interested, but it comes with Love Island.”
“That's what I was known for so I suppose people have an interest in how my story developed as a lot of you have seen how my story went on Love Island.
"So I think people are interested in my life.”
Matthew entered Love Island 2021 during the Casa Amour challenge on day 29 and quickly coupled up with Kaz before the pair ended their romance with two famous words from McNabb: “we’re done.”
He was dumped from the island on day 45 after he was the last one standing following a tense recoupling.
- Conor McGregor gushes over 'beautiful' and 'iconic' Kylie Minogue at Elvis premiere
- Elaine Crowley admits not having kids wasn't a 'conscious decision'
- Vogue Williams says having more than 4 kids is 'weird'
- GAA stars and 2 Johnnies host among around 40 men tricked by 'mega catfish'
- Country star Cliona Hagan and Simon Sheerin celebrate beautiful wedding in Athlone
- Omagh bombing victim's dad slams delay extraditing Real IRA chief to Lithuania
- Neighbour from hell jailed; New IRA state agent flees; and drug baron barred from gym
- Husband of hero teacher killed in Texas school shooting dies of heart attack
- LaLiga president continues to grumble over PSG's lavish Kylian Mbappe deal
- Everton manager Frank Lampard heaps further praise on Seamus Coleman