Aftercare Matthew MacNabb reveals he still goes to therapy after Love Island
The 26-year-old opened up about how therapy has helped him cope with his newfound fame
Matthew MacNabb has revealed that he still goes to therapy after appearing on Love Island last summer.
The Downpatrick native shot to fame after his stint in the villa in 2021 and is now appearing on the latest series of RTÉ’s Dancing with the Stars.
Speaking about how hectic life has been in the past few months, the 26-year-old opened up about how therapy has helped him cope with his newfound fame.
“It’s been crazy, I was just thinking back to last year and it was so different, it’s mental. Having to keep up with that mentally… it’s mad,” he told Goss.ie.
“It’s been crazy, I was just thinking back to last year and it was so different, it’s mental. Having to keep up with that mentally… it’s mad.
“Love Island aftercare was really, really good. I still get therapy now.”
Matthew explained: “I didn’t have that much negativity towards me, which I was thankful for because I know a lot of people do. But two weeks before Love Island, one of my best friends passed away so I struggled a lot while I was in there. And then coming out of it was a bit of an adjustment as well.”
He recalled one instance where he felt a bit overwhelmed by the attention after leaving Love Island.
“You go into Love Island and nobody knows you, and then you come out… I remember I was at a Dermot Kennedy concert and I was bombarded by fans. I thought I was Justin Bieber for a second.
“It’s just an adjustment I think. And then processing [my friend’s death] and grieving in my own head.”
- Bride-to-be Bonnie Ryan lands in Italy with fiancé John ahead of wedding day
- Conor McGregor wears daring purple satin jacket to Cannes Film Festival bash
- Saoirse Ronan and Dua Lipa tipped to star in Barbie movie with Margot Robbie
- Toy Show star Saoirse Ruane 'recovering' after successful tumour removal surgery
- Limerick singer Denise Chaila to feature on Ed Sheeran song
- Amy Broadhurst and Lisa O’Rourke – Irish boxing’s golden girls of Istanbul
- Footage emerges of Patrick Vieria in a confrontation with an Everton fan
- Sean McGoldrick Opinion The complete idiot’s guide to the race for Sam Maguire as favourites emerges
- Rory McIlroy gives his verdict after sparkling start at PGA Championship
- Tiger Woods’ not happy with cameraman as he limps through PGA Championship