grateful Martin King’s wife Jenny McCarthy returns home after life saving brain surgery
"It's time to chill out on the couch and start the road to getting Jenny back to where she actually belongs"
Jenny McCarthy, wife of Virgin Media star Martin King, has returned home after undergoing life saving brain surgery.
Taking to Instagram, the photographer revealed that she was grateful to be home after the operation
“And just like that, Professor Ciarán Bolger decided to let me home to relax. I've never been so grateful, grateful to have the last week behind me,” she shared.
"It looks great, just one more little test to come back. But for now it's time to chill out on the couch and start the road to getting Jenny back to where she actually belongs."
After the surgery she revealed that it all went well.
“So... surgery went well and I am back out and able to text," she said.
"Out of high dependency and absolutely delighted with that."
Jenny recently revealed that a brain tumour removed in 2011 appeared to be growing back.
She opened up about her news in January, revealing to her Instagram followers that the tumour may have begun to regrow.
“Hello Everyone. So, I have some news… not the best news but not the worst news either.
“Some of you may already know that I had a brain tumour removed successfully in 2011 by an incredible person, Professor Ciarán Bolcer at Beaumont Hospital.
“Unfortunately, after a recent brain scan, it seems there is new activity. This means there is some ‘swollen tissue’ which is probably the tumour growing back.
However, she had “good news” after speaking to experts, adding: “Good news is, it’s not malignant and Professor Bolger will need to carry out some more brain surgery to remove it.”
“Ciarán has assured me that after surgery, I will need to take six weeks off but after that I’ll be back doing what I love and that’s documenting weddings, newborn baby & portrait shoots and of course, bringing out more incredible wedding and baby products.”
She paid tribute to her husband Martin and her children.
“I can’t thank you all enough. Thank you for always believing in me and for all of your support along the way.
“To my lovely Jen at the studio, Amy and to Matthew… no words. Incredible team.”
She wrote with hearts: “My Hubby. My Kids.
“I’ve decided to tell you all about this myself, before it gets out and reading it second hand.
“I am going to get through this and I’ll be back to the same Jenny you all know in a matter of weeks. Love Jenny."
- Keith Duffy says Boyzlife 'don't do' Irish gigs because people here are 'negative'
- Snow Patrol's Gary Lightbody reveals Stephen Merchant 'buried' him over rock-star attempt
- Man United icon Andy Cole reveals 'Roy Keane helped me through tough times'
- The Script's Danny O'Donoghue confirms reason guitarist Mark Sheehan missed US tour
- Paul Mescal packs on PDA with rumoured fiancée Phoebe Bridgers in LA
- Blackpool's Jake Daniels becomes first UK currently active male footballer to come out as gay
- Woman found not guilty of murdering her husband after night out in Wexford
- Sicko who sent 150 vile, pornographic emails to colleague blames 'cultural differences'
- Local criminal arrested as part of probe into suspected murder of 'Christy' Hall
- Deirdre Reynolds Opinion Deirdre Reynolds: For pete's sake, put a sock in it!