full time Love Island star confirms split from Irish footballer boyfriend Aaron Connolly
The couple split just months after rekindling their romance
Love Island star Lucinda Strafford has confirmed her split from her Irish footballer boyfriend Aaron Connolly.
Speaking to her fans on YouTube, she said she was “newly single” but was excited for “hot girl summer.
"I feel like I've had a whirlwind and feel like it's the best thing for me to do, focus on myself," she said adding, "I've let go of myself completely."
The 21-year-old said that it was “not the best relationship ever” and was not interested in dating anyone else at the moment.
"I just want to give myself love and don't want to speak to anyone," she explained.
The couple, who rekindled their romance in October 2021 following a brief split, were dating for two years before Lucinda appeared on Love Island.
When asked about her relationship status on social media she told a fan: “Loving me, myself & I.”
A source told The Sun: “Everyone thought Lucinda and Aaron would make a real go of things this time round.”
“Aaron was pretty cut up when she decided to do Love Island but they moved on from it and seemed stronger than ever.”
“In the end they just couldn’t make it work and have decided it would be better for both of them if they remained single.”
Strafford (21) appeared on Love Island in 2021 as a hopeful singleton, but at the time she was accused of still being in a relationship with the Premier League footballer while she was on the show.
The pair had been dating for two years before breaking up amid cheating rumours, and Lucinda appeared on Love Island as a bombshell soon after.
Connolly (22) rekindled his romance with the Brighton entrepreneur late last year after she left the show single.
After her stint on the show, Lucinda told OK! Magazine that she and Aaron were thinking of giving their relationship another try.
“So, yeah, we are sort of talking again,” she confirmed.
“We’re seeing where things go, we’re not back together as such but we’re taking it step by step.”
“I came out of the villa. It didn’t work out between me and Aaron [Francis], it was very reciprocated where we both said: ‘Maybe not, maybe we’re better (as) friends.’”
“And then, obviously I met Brad a couple of times and that sort of fizzled out as well. I feel like maybe there was a reason it didn’t work in the villa so it wasn’t going to work outside.”
“Then, obviously, I was single and [Aaron Connolly] sort of reached out… We’re just sort of chatting again. It’s nothing too serious at all.”
“I think I’m sort of keeping my options open but I’m not really talking to anyone else at the moment. So, it’s sort of mixed between both really. It’s quite early stages again,” she added.
- 'The Hurler' director says he kept filming with a concussion during scene with Marty Morrissey
- John Compton on life as a model, owning an agency, being wiped out in crash and fighting back
- Bride-to-be Bonnie Ryan lands in Italy with fiancé John ahead of wedding day
- Conor McGregor wears daring purple satin jacket to Cannes Film Festival bash
- Saoirse Ronan and Dua Lipa tipped to star in Barbie movie with Margot Robbie
- Revealed: Face of Irishman jailed in UK for raping woman he met on Plenty of Fish
- Steven Gerrard: I have to earn time and patience at Aston Villa
- Three arrested as murder probe launched after man stabbed to death in Co Down
- Brendan Rodgers: James Maddison has shown courage to confront issues in his game
- Phil Foden named Premier League young player of the season for second year