Wolf Pack Lottie Ryan admits she 'freaked out' when Kylie Jenner also named her son Wolf
Lottie found herself relieved that she’d picked the name first.
Lottie Ryan has admitted that she was “a little bit freaked out” when Kylie Jenner announced that she had chosen the same “unique” name for her newborn son.
The 2fm star welcomed her first child, a baby boy named Wolf, with her husband Fabio Aprile last June.
But when billionaire Kylie Jenner decided to choose the same moniker for her second child with Travis Scott after giving birth last month, Lottie found herself relieved that she’d picked the name first.
Lottie admitted that she was “both” delighted and annoyed that the 24-year-old had named her newborn son Wolf less than a year after her, adding: “My sister sent it to me, and my reaction was like, ‘What are the bloody chances? I mean, come on, what are the chances?’
“She obviously has very good taste. But I’d be lying if I didn’t say I was very relieved that I got there eight months before.”
The Dancing With The Stars winner feared that she would get some flak for copying the Kardashian-Jenner family.
“Let’s be honest, if she had gotten there before me, I probably would have been putting up with people saying to me, ‘Ah you copied Kylie Jenner,’” she said.
“I was a little bit freaked out initially. And because I obviously love the fact that it's a very unique name.
“And you know, now somebody very famous has used it. But she's got great taste in names!”
But Lottie has no need to worry anymore, as Kylie announced last week that her “son's name isn't Wolf anymore” because she and Travis “really didn't feel like it was him”.
Lottie, whose father was the late RTÉ broadcaster Gerry Ryan, said that she's still fond of the name.
“I just love the name Wolf,” she told the Irish Mirror.
“I thought, ‘That is a bloody cool name.’ Nobody’s going to mess with him, nobody in the class with the same name, and he looks like a wolf. He came out covered in hair from head to toe. He was a furry, furry boy, so I thought the name just suited him perfectly.”
- Toy Show star Saoirse Ruane 'recovering' after successful tumour removal surgery
- Limerick singer Denise Chaila to feature on Ed Sheeran song
- Sky announces new shows including a Colin Farrell sci-fi movie and a Father Ted reunion
- Gardaí investigate shooting incident close to set of new Liam Neeson movie
- Conor McGregor claims his 'left hand is a Glock' in bizarre Twitter rant
- Dublin man who robbed same pharmacy twice in four months jailed for four years
- Liz Truss once said the only Irish hit by Brexit would be 'few farmers with turnips'
- Revealed: Faces of Irish roof scammers who conned elderly Australians out of $434k
- The top 10 moments of the Rebekah Vardy and Coleen Rooney libel trial so far
- Woman left disabled after allegedly contracting disease from parrot secures further €1m payout