'Tough time' Laura Woods said her husband was a great support when she left Ireland AM
"It's a tough time when you go through something like that, which is life-changing in a way."
Ex Ireland AM star Laura Woods has said that her husband Mark Arigho was a great support to her when she left the Virgin Media show last year.
Her exit from the programme came amid a number of changes at the station which also saw TV favourites like Glenda Gilson and Anna Daly also depart.
Speaking to RSVP Magazine, Laura said: "Mark has always been really supportive and last summer was no different. It's a tough time when you go through something like that, which is life-changing in a way.”
"Your career path was going a certain way and then suddenly you have to pick yourself up and change direction,” she said.
"When decisions are out of your hands, there's just no point in getting upset about it, there's enough darkness in the world. I try not to take life too seriously and have some fun."
Now that she no longer works weekends, the couple, who have two sons together Ben and Mark, are able to spend more time together as a family.
“The lads play loads of different sports at the weekends and it's lovely that I'm able to be pitchside now at the matches. They love the fact that I'm around for them," she said.
Laura also said she was always sad to miss matches and was forced to ask other parents to cheer for her son.
"I would have felt very disappointed in the past to miss matches. I do remember texting the WhatsApp group with the school mums one day asking if they would cheer for Ben because nobody was going to be with him as Mark had to take my other son to a match."
Laura and her husband met on a blind date almost fifteen years ago.
They were set up by a mutual friend and got engaged two years later.
The pair then tied the knot in 2009 at a stunning ceremony at Slane Castle in Co Meath.
- 'The Hurler' director says he kept filming with a concussion during scene with Marty Morrissey
- John Compton on life as a model, owning an agency, being wiped out in crash and fighting back
- Bride-to-be Bonnie Ryan lands in Italy with fiancé John ahead of wedding day
- Conor McGregor wears daring purple satin jacket to Cannes Film Festival bash
- Saoirse Ronan and Dua Lipa tipped to star in Barbie movie with Margot Robbie
- Irish climber nearing top of Everest says his mum’s death made him follow his passion
- Derry Girls and Peaky Blinders star joins tens of thousands on Irish language rights protest
- Scottish drug trafficker used help of former cop to smuggle €8m worth drugs into Ireland
- Mother claims ‘I had to take matters into my own hands’ after accusing man of abusing son
- Downton Abbey's Maggie Smith and Ozark's Laura Linney spotted filming new movie in Dublin