Catty Kerry Kerry Katona takes pop at ex-husband Brian McFadden’s parenting skills
It comes after Ronan Keating amicably reunited with his ex-wife at daughter Missy's 21st
Kerry Katona has taken a very direct dig at ex-husband Brian McFadden and his parenting skills.
In her new! magazine column, the 41-year-old confessed that seeing Ronan Keating reunite with his ex-wife Yvonne for their daughter's 21st birthday got her thinking about her relationship with the former Westlife singer.
"I think it’s nice when parents can work together and get on for the sake of their children," she said.
"If it was Molly or Lilly’s birthday party, I would feel more than comfortable doing something with them and their dad Brian."
"The last time they saw me and Brian together was last March, when my auntie died, and that’s actually the first time Lilly has ever seen me and Brian in the same room since we split.”
“If I’m being honest, me and Brian have never co-parented the kids,” she continued.
"I’ve been the one to parent them. It’s just always been that way."
It’s not the first time the mother of five has made her thoughts on her ex-husband known.
She previously said he wanted a wife to stay at home, but as a career woman she was not interested.
Before her wedding to current fiancé Ryan Mahoney was postponed due to Covid she reflected on her former marriages.
"A lot of it has been a control thing with the men in my life," she said.
"Brian proposed after three weeks, I think Mark [Croft] was five weeks and with George [Kay] it was eight weeks.”
"But there were different levels of control,” she explained.
"Brian's a typical Irish Catholic man who wants a woman to stay at home, Mark was all about the money and George was so desperate to be famous.”
"I've always given power to my partner to make them feel significant enough to be on my level because of who I am."
Brian and Kerry tied the knot on 5 January 2002, in Rathfeigh, County Meath.
They went on to welcome two daughters Molly (19) and Lily (18).
Brian and Kerry split in 2004, and their divorce was finalised in 2006.
She went on to wed a further two times and is currently engaged to be wed a fourth time.
Meanwhile Brian wed twice more, tying the knot with Delta Goodrem and then Vogue Williams.
He is also set to get married for a fourth time after welcoming a daughter with fiancé Danielle Parkinson in May 2021.
- 'The Hurler' director says he kept filming with a concussion during scene with Marty Morrissey
- John Compton on life as a model, owning an agency, being wiped out in crash and fighting back
- Bride-to-be Bonnie Ryan lands in Italy with fiancé John ahead of wedding day
- Conor McGregor wears daring purple satin jacket to Cannes Film Festival bash
- Saoirse Ronan and Dua Lipa tipped to star in Barbie movie with Margot Robbie
- Police take down gang that had smuggled drugs into Ireland hidden in Leen Bakker furniture
- Irish soccer heroes presented with medals by President Michael D Higgins on Late Late Show
- Revealed: Face of Irishman jailed in UK for raping woman he met on Plenty of Fish
- Premier League permutations: Plenty to play for at top and bottom on final day
- David De Gea eager to end season to forget for Manchester United on winning note