Green Screen Jessie Buckley gets Best Supporting Actress Oscar nod and Ciarán Hinds nominated for Belfast
Ciarán Hinds has been nominated for Best Supporting Actor in the Northern Ireland film too.
Irish actress Jessie Buckley has been nominated for Best Supporting Actress for her part in The Lost Daughter, and Kenneth Branagh’s Belfast has been nominated for Original Screenplay as well as two acting nominations.
Judi Dench has also been nominated for Best Supporting Actress in Kenneth Branagh’s Belfast.
And Ciarán Hinds has been nominated for Best Supporting Actor in the Northern Ireland film too.
The film, about his childhood during the Troubles in Belfast, stars Jamie Dornan, Caitriona Balfe and Ciarán Hinds.
The nominations are currently being announced by Tracee Ellis Ross and Leslie Jordan.
The 94th Oscars will take place on March 27.
You can watch the announcement live below:
More to follow
- Outrage as scammers target Daniel O'Donnell charity concert for young cancer patient
- Eamonn Holmes lashes out at ITV, claims exit due to one senior figure's 'agenda'
- Conversation with Friends star says she had no problem with sex scenes
- Conor McGregor's coach John Kavanagh says Irish schools make people 'money dumb'
- Keith Duffy says Boyzlife 'don't do' Irish gigs because people here are 'negative'
- Gardaí seek man who left murdered mum Lisa Thompson’s ID card at garda station
- Former Ireland midfielder David Meyler says he'd love to see Roy Keane back in management
- Shane Lowry and Séamus Power are driven by ‘the fear’ at PGA Championship
- King Con is back and is ready to fire his Dublin team up for an All-Ireland challenge
- Tony Evans Opinion Liverpool's Jurgen Klopp again showing the class that Boris Johnson clearly lacks