Jen Z Jennifer Zamparelli got ‘a bit of stick’ for changing her surname
The presenter changed her name from Maguire after she tied the knot in 2014
RTE 2FM presenter Jennifer Zamparelli has revealed that she got “a bit of stick” for changing her surname after she wed her husband Lau.
Speaking to Woman’s Way magazine, the mother-of-two said: “[It was] not from my family and friends because Zamparelli is a way cooler name.
“I didn’t think much about it but I really wanted to have the same name as my kids,” she continued.
“And each to their own, as everybody does what’s right for them.”
Jennifer and Lau met in 2006 and got engaged in 2012 before tying the knot at Castle Leslie Estate, Co Monaghan, in 2014.
The pair met in Bristol where Jennifer was running her own theatre company.
Further discussing her role on 2FM, Jennifer said that presenters at the station need to “get on with the gig” after a challenging few months for the station.
Jennifer said that the station is in a better place with consistent presenters on air.
“That’s something to be proud of. It just needs to settle now and we need to get on with the gig,” she said.
2FM bosses faced a number of controversies in recent times.
There was backlash following the departure of Louise McSharry, former presenter Keith Walsh heavily criticised the station and new hosts the 2 Johnnies were temporarily taken off air just weeks after their new show began.
- Ronan Keating to perform Boyzone's greatest hits at Dublin gig next month
- Vogue Williams says ex-boyfriend should be 'embarrassed' for cheating on her
- Snow Patrol's Johnny McDaid says partner Courteney Cox 'can’t understand a word he says'
- Cliona Hagan to marry fiancé Simon Sheerin in Mullingar, Co Westmeath today
- First Dates Ireland bosses search for singletons to star on show
- Deirdre Reynolds Opinion Deirdre Reynolds: Victoria Beckham's 'curve' ball is a fat lot of good
- Kim Kardashian ‘heartbroken, disgusted and furious’ following Texas shooting
- Westmeath woman awarded €16,400 after falling from defective chair in Supermacs
- Salvador Ramos: Texas gunman warned of school shooting on social media
- Dungannon road crash victim named as Co Antrim man Paul McLarnon (61)