'loved' Irish comedian Ed Byrne pays tribute to late brother Paul (45) following his untimely death
Paul was an award winning director who worked in comedy across television, radio and stage
Irish comedian Ed Byrne has paid tribute to his brother Paul (45) after his untimely death
Taking to Twitter, Ed shared a snap of them with fellow comedian Glenn Wool.
“Paul Byrne was a lot of things to a lot of people,” his tribute began.
“A talented comedy director and stand-up fixer, he was loved by so many.”
Paul Byrne was a lot of things to a lot of people. A talented comedy director and stand up fixer, he was loved by so many.— Ed Byrne (@MrEdByrne) February 12, 2022
But to me, he was my pain-in-the-arse little brother and I will miss him so much.
RIP Paul Byrne 1977-2022 pic.twitter.com/YDIyNFBb94
“But to me, he was my pain-in-the-a**e little brother and I will miss him so much. RIP Paul Byrne 1977-2022.”
The award winning director worked in comedy across television, radio and stage.
Tributes for the Dubliner poured in from the comedy community following the tragic news.
“Oh Ed I am so sorry. Paul was always so kind to me when I was starting out. I will always think of him with a great fondness - sending so much love to you and your family,” Ellie Taylor said.
Catherine Bohart added: “Ed, I’m so sorry for your loss. Paul made everyone around him feel higher in their own esteem. He will be so missed x”
“Oh, man. That’s f**king awful. I’m so sorry, Ed. Sending you love,” Chris Addison said.
“Oh Ed. Like every comic, I loved hanging out with your brother. Took it for granted would do so again. He was so in-the-moment, had the best chat, lovely, funny man. My love and deepest condolences to you and your family xxx,” shared Shaparak Khorsandi.
“Sending you & the family so much love mate. Devastated to hear the news,” wrote Tiernan Douieb.
Sara Millican also shared condolences: “So sorry for your loss.”
While Matt Green added: “Sending you and your family much love and many condolences Ed. Paul was great fun and loved by so many in the comedy world. He will be much missed.”
- Outrage as scammers target Daniel O'Donnell charity concert for young cancer patient
- Eamonn Holmes lashes out at ITV, claims exit due to one senior figure's 'agenda'
- Conversation with Friends star says she had no problem with sex scenes
- Conor McGregor's coach John Kavanagh says Irish schools make people 'money dumb'
- Keith Duffy says Boyzlife 'don't do' Irish gigs because people here are 'negative'
- James Milner issues warning as Liverpool's Premier League title challenge goes to final day
- Jurgen Klopp likens Liverpool squad strength to having ‘Ferraris in the garage’
- Businessman filmed waving 'handgun' at teens gets 75 hours of community service
- Bogus Irish and British roofers jailed for scamming elderly in Australia out of $434k
- Liverpool take title race to the final day with comeback victory at Southampton